"I'm doing great", Kaepernick said. the former 49er added, "I love y'all and we gonna keep going!" The quarterback became a target of controversy over his public activism, including kneeling in protest of police brutality during the national anthem, and has not received a job offer from any team since parting ways with the 49ers over a year ago. According to reports, a workout with the Seahawks was canceled last week after Kaepernick refused to abandon the anthem demonstration altogether. Kaepernick posted on Twitter this quote from Robinson, which he wrote in his 1972 autobiography: "I can not stand and sing the anthem". I can not salute the flag.
According to the Republic, King said that Adidas's interest in activist athletes represents the company's desire to position itself at the "intersection between culture and sports". "But allowing our athletes to tell their story, it's really important to us".
Some folks have even suggested the Adidas doesn't really want to sign Kaepernick and that they know no team will sign him, so their claim of waiting for him to be signed is merely a empty promise they won't ever have to fulfill.
"Hey, @adidas, sign @Kaepernick7 whether or not he plays in the @NFL!", Bishop Talbert Swan tweeted.
- Race horse in Grand National
- US judge: Facebook must face class action over facial recognition
- Large Volume Movers Intel Corporation's
- Google's AI-powered project will let you 'Talk to Books'
- Securities Analyst Recommendations: Comstock Mining Inc. (LODE), IAMGOLD Corporation (IAG)
- Bear Visits Professional Football League Game
- BMO Capital Markets Reaffirms Purchase Rating for Merck & Co., Inc. (MRK)
- Oil price rises to approximately $72 amid worries of disruption
- Marcos Alonso faces three-game ban for Chelsea after violent conduct charge
- Woman accused of murdering husband, 4 kids won't face death penalty