The game looks to have traditional 2D-style Castlevania visuals in mind, which is good news. Looks like Konami is just about to fulfill that dream, with a rather big catch.
The catch is that the game is for iOS, with an official website that opened today.
GoS is set in a future where Dracula is dead and the world has entered an era of peace. But someone is intent on disturbing that peace, sending the main character, Genya Arikado, on a long and unsafe journey, fraught with enemies and mysteries. "The grimoire went out of control, and Count Dracula has been revived", it said. In order to learn the truth behind the contents of the letter, Arikado leaves to seek out its sender. Grimoire of Souls is a side-scrolling action game with a cooperative mode and boss rush for up to four players, as well as a competitive mode that pits four against four.
The protagonist Arika is a mysterious man part of an organization belonging to the government. Currently, only a handful of people know his true identity as the only being with the power to fight against Dracula.
The site also introduces some characters new to the franchise, including Aruma Genta, who stands as "the main character of this work", along with his support Lucy. A sequel to the vivid reimagining of the 2010 reboot, Konami's latest whip-crackin' vampire hunting game was...a proper pain in the neck. Other franchise regulars such as Simon Belmont, Alucard, Charlotte, Shanoa, and Maria will also be making appearances, as well as music from previous entries.
Below you can see the first screenshots.
- One Dead, Hundreds Injured in Latest Hamas-Led Gaza Riots
- Bryce Harper: Crushes broken-bat homer in Monday's win
- On May, 4 TransCanada Corporation (TRP) EPS Estimated At $0.72
- Syrian TV: False alarm set off air defenses
- Syrian govt shot down missiles over its two airbases
- Toyota targets cars that 'talk' to each other by 2021
- Will Vols Have a Player Taken on Day 2 of NFL Draft?
- Inc. Has $3.09 Million Stake in Schlumberger (SLB)
- Twitter goes down in many parts of the world
- India offers soybean exports to China amid trade war with US