I won eight titles and I'm not in the moon because I won against Manchester City a match that is only three points.
City manager Pep Guardiola might have missed one of the proudest moments of his career, however, after admitting on Saturday that he had a round of golf booked with his son and was not planning to watch United's game.
Jose Mourinho's men should have had a first-half penalty after Craig Dawson caught Ander Herrera, but complacency seeped in and the Baggies showed fight under caretaker boss Darren Moore that has been sorely lacking this season.
With 87 points from 33 matches, City win their first Premier League title since 2013-14 under Manuel Pellegrini and their third since being bought by the Abu Dhabi United Group in 2008.
"It's a painful one for me, because a few of those guys are my friends, so it's hard for me to see them in that position", he added. It's much more important what these players have done.
West Brom have three wins this season, the last of which came in January.
West Brom will be missing the services of midfielders Gareth Barry (knee) and James Morrison (calf), both of whom are ruled out for the rest of the season.
Midfielders Nacer Chadli and Sam Field as well as striker Daniel Sturridge face a late fitness test to be ready for the match at Old Trafford.
But, just a week after spoiling City's title party by beating their local rivals 3-2 at the Etihad, the way United abjectly gifted the title to their neighbours will sting. West Brom are a good team and they don't deserve to be that low and as they stuck into the game you realised that something could happen.
Gabriel Jesus and Raheem Sterling scored for City either side of an Ilkay Gundogan penalty as they bounced back in style from the disappointment of their Champions League quarter-final exit at the hands of Liverpool in midweek.
Former England worldwide Gary Lineker, who now work as a television presenter, tweeted: "Congratulations to @ManCity on winning the Premier League title".
The 2012 title win had the infamous last-gasp goal by Sergio Aguero.
Guardiola's team has lost only two league games this season and if they win their remaining five games would end the campaign with 102 points.
- Analytical Guide for stocks rising stock's: Merck & Co., Inc., (NYSE: MRK)
- James Comey describes Donald Trump as a 'stain' in long-awaited TV interview
- Kendrick Lamar wins Pulitzer prize as Weinstein reporting also honoured
- Haley: More sanctions against Russian Federation coming Monday
- Government Watchdog Says EPA Broke Law With Pruitt Phone Booth
- Belle of Baton Rouge being sold under $1.85 billion Tropicana deal
- Former first lady Barbara Bush is in failing health
- Private Wealth Advisors Inc. Sells 621 Shares of Walmart Inc (NYSE:WMT)
- Manchester City crowned Premier League champions after shock United defeat
- Morning Bell: The politics of the teacher walkout