The Thottapilly family-Sandeep, Soumya, their daughter Saachi and their 12-year-old son Siddhant-were traveling from Portland, Oregon, to San Jose when they "suddenly stopped communicating with family in Valencia" on April 5.
Now that the vehicle has been recovered, the highway patrol will conduct a complete mechanical inspection as part of the accident investigation.
Recovery efforts continued through the morning, until the vehicle was partially removed from the river about 6:30 p.m.
The family was believed to be vacationing when they were reported missing last week.
Searchers have found the body of the last missing member of an Indian family which perished when their sport utility vehicle plunged into a swollen river in the USA state of California some 11 days ago. The searchers found a vehicle submerged around 4-6 feet beneath the water, officials said.
The Mendocino Sheriff in California has recovered the bodies of all four family members of an Indian family from the Eel River in Leggett North California by Sunday night.
An inter-agency search and rescue team has recovered two more bodies of an Indian American family who were feared drowned in a California river some 10 days ago, U.S. officials said on Tuesday.
Dozens of searchers had been combing the river with jet skis, boats and kayaks, along with dive teams.
The San Jose Police Department said that the Thottapilly family was supposed to have arrived to visit a friend in the San Jose area on April 6 but did not make it as scheduled.
Farther south along the Mendocino County coast, authorities continue to look for members of a family missing since an SUV made a deadly and possibly intentional plunge off a towering ocean bluff along State Route 1 last month.
- Stocks Movement Analysis: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD), Ford Motor Co. (F)
- On May, 4 TransCanada Corporation (TRP) EPS Estimated At $0.72
- Is Avengers: Infinity War the end of Iron Man?
- India offers soybean exports to China amid trade war with US
- Samsung's new smartphone patent shows they are joining the notch hype
- LG G7 ThinQ render appears online, and looks surprisingly good
- Treasure just misses Commonwealth Games medal
- Nikki Haley: US Will Announce New Russian Sanctions Monday
- Apple reportedly planning paid news subscription service
- NPA: Saxonwold assets seized will be used to recoup R250M state losses