Australia's 80 gold medal-winning performances at the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games are set to be matched by a growth in the value of Australian gold exports, Queensland Resources Council Chief Executive Ian Macfarlane said.
With the scores level at 51-51, England clinched the gold with a decisive penalty shot on the siren.
England finished the Commonwealth Games with a final medal tally of 136, including 45 gold, second in the table to Australia, while Wales won 36 with 10 golds and Scotland took 44 total medals, nine of them gold.
For a second game running, England scored in the final second to win by a single point, beating the hosts 52-51 on the Gold Coast.
Referring to her brother, former Manchester United player Phil Neville, who was appointed as head coach of the England women's national football team in January, she added: "Obviously now there's big names moving into women's football, big head coach role".
"The projections are for Australian gold exports to reach AUS$19 billion in 2019 - 2020. I actually said to them, 'can you win by a few more goals because this isn't pleasurable on the bench?"' Better than I ever dreamed.
Neville added: "The actual gold medal was meant to be won at the World Cup next year".
Geva Mentor, playing at her fifth Games, said: "Hopefully this is the start of something fantastic for the sport in our country".
"I can't put into words how disappointed I am to have been missed off the start list due to an admin error", the 21-year-old wrote on Instagram.
The two sides were locked at 25-25 at half-time before Australia threatened to seize control when they moved three ahead in the third quarter.
"It was one of my targets this season to make selection for the time-trial event and I was so proud that my hard work in training had paid off. This is the best day of my life".
"We've got a World Cup in our back yard and it's time to cement what we've achieved here".
Corbin took to Twitter to post her delight, saying: "Words can not describe this feeling.WE ARE COMMONWEALTH CHAMPIONS!"
- Manchester City crowned Premier League champions after shock United defeat
- Micron Technology (NASDAQ:MU) Downgraded by ValuEngine to Buy
- United Contl Hldgs INC (UAL) Stake Held by Par Capital Management Inc
- Boston Marathon: American Woman Wins For First Time Since '85
- Caretaker boss Moore wants West Brom to maintain professionalism
- 1396 hedge funds sold their entire positions in Apple Inc. (AAPL)
- Mondelez International (NASDAQ:MDLZ) Lowered to Hold at Zacks Investment Research
- Meek Mill Granted New Hearing by Philadelphia District Attorney
- Private Wealth Advisors Inc. Sells 621 Shares of Walmart Inc (NYSE:WMT)
- Exane Derivatives Increased Its Stake in Ubs Group (UBS) as Shares Declined