Officers arrived at the scene and located the male suspect in a parking lot in the 1900 block of Richmond Avenue.
Police cordon off the Flatbush Stop & Shop where employees a tackled a 51-year-old man to the ground..
The man is alleged to have been under the influence of a drug and police say they found him in possession of a machete and two knives.
He was later pronounced dead at the hospital, police said.
Another shopper identified the three employees as the store's manager, assistant manager and a produce worker. Those are three adults sitting on him'.
As shocked shoppers looked on, three workers dragged Nimmons to the floor, restraining him even as he protested that he had a bad heart and couldn't breathe, customer Antwaune Savage told The Post.
'They were on top of him, ' Savage said.
"They didn't have to kill him", the man's friend, Joanie Smith, said to the TV station. 'Literally standing on top of him.
'He said, "I have a bad heart, I can not breathe".
Medics rushed the man to Kings County Hospital where he died.
The official cause of death must be certified by the city medical examiner.
Police made no immediate arrests. The police investigation continues.
- Steinberg Global Asset Management Acquires 8298 Shares of Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO)
- New Jersey Democrats in Strong Position to Flip GOP Districts
- Trump Responds To 'Disgruntled' Comey Interview: He 'Committed Many Crimes!'
- Mplx (NYSE:MPLX) Raised to Buy at Zacks Investment Research
- Mourinho blasts his players after loss
- Pacad Investment Ltd. Has $115000 Holding in Prudential Public Limited Company (PUK)
- For Baseball Players In Ely, April Snow Is Nothing New
- Indian army soldier joins Hizbul Mujahideen
- Parents of Alfie Evans suffer new defeat in battle for treatment overseas
- United Nations rejects Russian attempt to condemn USA aggression in Syria