The TV presenter, who lives in Chiswick, west London, was arrested at around 4pm on March 18 after failing a roadside breathalyser test following a collision between the Mini he was driving and two other cars.
The Geordie presenter looked downcast as he arrived at Wimbledon Magistrates' Court today to face his drink-driving charge. The court heard that Ant had 75mg of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath - twice the legal limit.
His ban can be reduced to 15 months if he attends a driving awareness course.
The court was told Ant had 75 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath, when the legal limit is 35mcg per 100 ml.
Meanwhile there are other repercussions of being charged of drink driving, in that your auto insurance costs will increase significantly; if you drive for work, your employer will see your conviction on your licence; you will have points on your licence; you may also have trouble travelling to countries like the USA.
He said, in a statement read by Ms Sinnett-Jones: "Myself and my family were in deep shock as we believed we could have died as as a result of Mr McPartlin's reckless driving". He said he let himself "and so many others down".
Ant's lawyer Liam Walker said:'Anthony McPartlin is sorry and is doing everything he can to ensure this never happens again.
During Monday's court hearing, Ant was fined £86,000 after entering a guilty plea.
Ant was absent for the final two episodes of Saturday Night Takeaway, with co-host and best friend Declan Donnelly taking the reins, and will not appear in the upcoming live episodes of Britain's Got Talent.
She said Mr McPartlin was driving around a "sharp bend and lost control" at which point he ended up on the wrong side of the road.
The Newcastle native stood down from all of his TV commitments to return to rehab last month, having sought treatment past year for an addiction to prescription pain killers. "He has spoken with Dec and ITV and asked for time off for the foreseeable future".
At the time a statement from McPartlin's publicist added: "Ant has made a decision to go back into treatment and step down from his current TV commitments".
The new series launched with 8.3 million viewers - down on a year ago.
But it is a drop from the 2017 opener, which was watched by 8.7 million, with a 42% audience share.
Last year's series culminated with pianist Tokio Myers being crowned the champion.
- Eagles Drop Daryl Worley after DUI in South Philly
- Burlington Stores Inc (NYSE:BURL) Shorts Reduced By 18.38%
- Brewers stop Mets' winning skein with 5-1 victory
- Wells Fargo Analysts Give Goldman Sachs (GS) a $330.00 Price Target
- Donovan Mitchell To Play in Game 2 After Toe Injury
- Evaluate Potential Stock Drawbacks with Report of: Costco Wholesale Corporation (NASDAQ:COST)
- Owaisi's AIMIM not to contest Karnataka polls, will support JDS
- Today's Brokerage Rating: Square, Inc. (SQ), The Coca-Cola Company (KO)
- The Weeknd, Bella Hadid spotted rekindling their romance
- Cardinal Health (CAH) Earns Media Sentiment Rating of 0.10