The bullseye of severe weather on Sunday is a portion of the Carolinas including the Rock Hill area, according to the Storm Prediction Center.
Sirens will blare at 1:45 p.m. and at 6:45 p.m. Thursday as the weather service issues simulated tornado warnings as part of Severe Weather Awareness Week in Minnesota. Total ice and sleet accumulations of one to two tenths of an inch are possible across the southern third of Minnesota into west central Wisconsin.
By 4 p.m. Friday, scattered to widely scattered thunderstorms will be developing.
The timing of the event is not certain but the forecast calls for storms to start entering the Shoals by pre-dawn Saturday.
A winter storm watch has been issued from Saturday morning to Sunday evening in Columbia, Dodge, Sauk and Green Lake counties, with the biggest danger coming from accumulating ice on trees and power lines.
The forecast from the National Weather Service said light rain, drizzle and light snow are possible tonight. "Most of these storms are not carrying moisture in them".
Much cooler air will gradually filter in from northwest to southeast highs around 40 by Monday.
The combination of above normal temperatures, dry fuels, low relative humidity, and gusty winds, will create an enhanced fire danger threat this afternoon and evening once again. Friday's temperatures will be near 77 degrees. FutureTrack even indicates that a few places north of the I-30 corridor could come close to the freezing mark Sunday morning.
Forecasters at the Slidell office of the National Weather Service were gathering a variety of reports of damage on Saturday (April 14), the result of severe weather rolling through southeastern Louisiana and southern Mississippi.
- US' Haley rules out one-on-one talks with Syria's Assad
- 'Terminator' reboot casts Gabriel Luna as lead
- Gmail to soon receive 'Confidential Mode' and 'Self-Destructing' Emails
- New US sanctions will hurt Washington and Europe more than Russian Federation : lawmaker
- Firefighters battling brush fire in Seymour
- Kim Kardashian's Another Photoshop Fail!
- Manchester City Win Premier League Title
- Sirius XM (SIRI) Downgraded to Sell at Zacks Investment Research
- This is our proudest victory, says Vincent Kompany
- Big Weather Story: Rain and Wind