However, the Red Devils handed the title to City in tame fashion eight days later after Jay Rodriguez clinched a rare victory for the rock-bottom Baggies with his 73rd-minute header.
Whatever actually happened there, it did nothing to suggest that all was harmonious between Pogba and United.
I won titles. I wouldn't be happy if somebody tells that I won the title because somebody lost a match.
It is ironic that United came back from 2-0 down against City themselves last weekend to win 3-2 and delay City's party, only to surrender so tamely on home soil.
Not for the first time this season at Old Trafford United started sluggishly and could have been a goal down after 12 minutes. Mourinho was hardly effusive in his praise when asked about City's success, but did concede they deserved to be champions. "I have never retained a title so I want to see if this team's got it to carry on and be even more successful".
"I think we were deservedly punished because we were masters in complication".
"I won eight titles and I am not [over] the moon because I won against Manchester City", he added.
Second-place United are now 16 points behind Pep Guardiola's side with only five games left to pay.
If Jose Mourinho-coached Man United can win all of their remaining matches, they can reach maximum 86 points in total.
Soon after United " s defeat on Sunday, the City website tweeted: "Our Time. "Physicality, weather conditions, the amount of games; the Premier League is so tough".
The title race became a procession as Arsenal allowed City to coast to victory at the Emirates Stadium. "When we play bad then, yes, tell the truth".
The 2012 title win had the infamous last-gasp goal by Sergio Aguero.
But a first Premier League title, to go with the three La Liga titles he won as manager of Barcelona and the three Bundesliga titles he delivered for Bayern Munich, will be particularly satisfying. He also conceded it was sweet to triumph in a country where some critics claimed his purist principles couldn't flourish.
It's been nearly inevitable for the whole of 2018 but Manchester City have today sealed the Premier League title without even kicking a ball on Sunday afternoon. That's Liverpooling more than Liverpool have ever Liverpooled this season.
- Freeport-McMoRan (NYSE:FCX) Coverage Initiated at Goldman Sachs
- Actor R. Lee Ermey of 'Full Metal Jacket' dies at 74
- People take to streets against Unnao, Kathua, Surat rape incidents
- John Cena & Nikki Bella End Their Engagement & Announce Split After 6 Years
- Led airstrikes hit all targets in Syria: Pentagon
- #Kathua: BJP accepts resignation of its two J&K ministers
- EPL: Giroud helps Chelsea secure comeback win over Southampton
- Injured Kamlesh Nagarkoti ruled out of IPL season
- McKinnon's 'Laura Ingraham' Details New Advertisers on SNL
- Narendra Modi Finally Responds On The Rape Cases In The Country