Looking for news you can trust?
On Saturday, Cohen disputed the report. Among the allegations in the infamous Trump dossier compiled by Christopher Steele is that Cohen went to Prague and met with powerful Russian figures, including a Putin ally named Konstantin Kosachev. It also claimed Cohen was deeply involved in a "cover up and damage limitation operation in the attempt to prevent the full details of Trump's relationship with Russian Federation being exposed".
But Cohen has persistently denied not only the broader allegations, but also that he ever took this trip to Prague - or any trip to Prague, for that matter.
There are 2 comments on the Yahoo! story from 12 hrs ago, titled Trump lawyer: "I have never been to Prague". "The President has maintained there's no collusion with Russian Federation".
Earlier this month, reported that Trump Organization lawyer Jill A. Martin was listed as counsel in an arbitration filing for the DE company that Cohen used to pay the "hush money", providing a direct link between Cohen's payment and the Trump Organization.
Photo Members of the media approached President Trump's personal attorney, Michael D. Cohen, in NY on Thursday.
Michael Avenatti, a lawyer for Daniels, suggested at one of the hearings that his client might be the subject of some of the seized materials, and her interests needed protection as well.
The revelation comes amid a courtroom drama that unfolded Friday, as Cohen's attorneys and Trump's attorneys began a fight hours before with the US Attorney's Office in Manhattan over a massive raid of Cohen's records. As a result of that raid, the Federal Bureau of Investigation has reportedly obtained audio recordings of conversations between Cohen and Davidson from when the latter represented Daniels and McDougal. Cohen then negotiated an agreement with Davidson on Broidy's behalf, receiving, according to CNBC, a $250,000 fee for brokering the deal.
Further, it alleges that Cohen, Kosachev and other attendees discussed "how deniable cash payments were to be made to hackers in Europe who had worked under Kremlin direction against the Clinton campaign".
"Bad reporting, bad information and bad story by same reporter", he tweeted, addressing the story's author by name.
Cohen also figures in the Trump-Russia investigation through his efforts, in 2015 and early 2016, to help Trump secure a licensing deal for construction of a Moscow high rise.
- This is our proudest victory, says Vincent Kompany
- US, Russia fight at United Nations over Syria chemical weapons attacks
- Han Solo Has A Really Good Feeling About This
- Pacers start strong, finish strong to stun Cavaliers in playoff opener
- Tornado in Baxter County, Arkansas, Confirmed by NWS
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR) Received Consensus Recommendation of "Purchase" by Analysts
- Trudeau Puts Money Where His Mouth Is On Pipeline Dispute
- Jon Rahm reigns in Spain after the 'hardest Sunday of life'
- CVS Health (CVS) Stake Lessened by Brown Advisory Securities LLC
- As of May, 2 InterXion Holding NV (INXN) Analysts See $0.21 EPS