The Egyptian football legend has become a symbol of national pride for Egyptians, taking part in numerous advertising campaigns and, most recently, becoming the new face of the Ramadan lantern.
"I don't know how many games there is to go, but we have the Premier League and semi-finals of the Champions League to play". This was the first time for Salah to be nominated for BBC African Footballer of the Year.
However, he returned to the starting lineup after midweek's assault on Manchester City in the Uefa Champions League.
Thirty of those have come in the Premier League, leaving him out in front in the race to win the Golden Boot, but the accolades will count for little unless Salah gets his hands on the big prize next month - the Champions League trophy.
"Liverpool then have a home game against Stoke and I would encourage Klopp to rest his front three for that one and have them ready for what will be a hard game at the Stadio Olympico in Rome".
Instead the forward reached Trent Alexander-Arnold's cross from the right and guided a header over Cherries goalkeeper Asmir Begovic.
"I can not lie - it is in my mind". But even in the end I said it - I try to score every game to help the team.
"You won't see a better collective team goal this week".
Mane and Firmino both came close to adding a third, while at the other end Dan Gosling fired at Loris Karius, but the only player in Liverpool's attacking triumvirate without a goal would find the target before the end.
"Now we still have four games and they have five games so I have to think about my games and we see".
Reds boss Jurgen Klopp acknowledged on Friday that the forthcoming tie with Roma would be at the forefront of fans' minds, but his immediate priority of securing a top-four league finish was evident by the fact he made just one change to his team.
- $0.23 EPS Expected for Genworth Financial, Inc. (GNW) as of May, 1
- (OMER) PT at $26.43
- #Kathua: BJP accepts resignation of its two J&K ministers
- Facebook faces U.S. privacy investigation
- UN Security Council rejects Russian resolution on Syria
- US, Russia fight at United Nations over Syria chemical weapons attacks
- Led airstrikes hit all targets in Syria: Pentagon
- Stormy Daniels set to appear in court at Trump lawyer's hearing
- Avengers: Infinity War Teaser Shows Spider-Man Fall From Space
- McKinnon's 'Laura Ingraham' Details New Advertisers on SNL