The Patriots tight end is still weighing his options and contemplating his future.
Gronkowski said after the Super Bowl he was considering his options and has not committed to returning for a ninth National Football League season in 2018. The final two years, however, weren't touched. The Patriots star has a $250,000 workout bonus that's based on attending a "percentage" of the voluntary workouts. He is not expected to participate in the voluntary workouts either.
Gronkowski joins teammate Tom Brady, who will also sit out the beginning of the offseason due to a business trip overseas.
Per the report, Gronkowski is thought to still be mulling his playing status for the upcoming season, but on that note Schefter relays that the tight end has had "good communication" with the Patriots on that front.
Patriots coach Bill Belichick acknowledged on Friday that not all Patriots players would be present on Monday.
This has pushed the Patriots into a hard situation where the organization has had to continue to wait on their star tight end to make a decision.
- Kerala: Newborn baby girl flushed down the toilet, plumbers stumble upon body
- Delhi Daredevils register thrilling win over Mumbai Indians
- Sirius XM (SIRI) Downgraded to Sell at Zacks Investment Research
- Schalke 2 Borussia Dortmund 0: Konoplyanka and Naldo earn Ruhr derby glory
- Kim Kardashian's Another Photoshop Fail!
- Manchester United vs. West Brom live stream info, TV channel
- Watch Gayle King Roast Paul Ryan About the GOP's Diversity Problem
- Goldcorp INC New (GG) Stake Increased by Heathbridge Capital Management Ltd
- 'Massive' Sydney bushfire burns over 2000 hectares
- 'Terminator' reboot casts Gabriel Luna as lead