The Patriots tight end is still weighing his options and contemplating his future.
Gronkowski said after the Super Bowl he was considering his options and has not committed to returning for a ninth National Football League season in 2018. The final two years, however, weren't touched. The Patriots star has a $250,000 workout bonus that's based on attending a "percentage" of the voluntary workouts. He is not expected to participate in the voluntary workouts either.
Gronkowski joins teammate Tom Brady, who will also sit out the beginning of the offseason due to a business trip overseas.
Per the report, Gronkowski is thought to still be mulling his playing status for the upcoming season, but on that note Schefter relays that the tight end has had "good communication" with the Patriots on that front.
Patriots coach Bill Belichick acknowledged on Friday that not all Patriots players would be present on Monday.
This has pushed the Patriots into a hard situation where the organization has had to continue to wait on their star tight end to make a decision.
- Goldcorp INC New (GG) Stake Increased by Heathbridge Capital Management Ltd
- Watch Gayle King Roast Paul Ryan About the GOP's Diversity Problem
- Manchester City Win Premier League Title
- Is Momentum Building For Indonesia Index ETF Vaneck (IDX)?
- Danaher Corp Del (DHR) Stake Decreased by Chevy Chase Trust Holdings Inc
- 'Massive' Sydney bushfire burns over 2000 hectares
- Foot injury rules KKR's Nagarkoti out of IPL 2018
- Preston Tucker out of the Braves' lineup on Saturday
- Kim Kardashian's Another Photoshop Fail!
- Justin Bieber 'Punched Man Who Held Woman By The Throat'