In a scathing attack on Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Yogi Adityanath, the Karnataka Congress working president, Dinesh Gundu Rao addressing a public gathering on Saturday said if he entered the Karnataka he should be shown slippers. What kind of governance is this?
State BJP President and Lingayat strongman BS Yeddyurappa called the remark disrespectful of a saint from the Nath community and demanded an apology from the Congress. "I regret if it is offensive, but the abuse of law in UP is a serious issue", he told the media.
DNA quoted Rao as saying that Adityanath was a "disgrace to Indian politics" and that if he had any "decency he should resign".
Gundu Rao said if Adityanath came to Karnataka he should be sent him back. Deeming his comments to be "an emotional outburst", Rao insisted that the Yogi Adityanath government should be criticised for its way of handling the Unnao rape case.
"If he comes next time to Karnataka, he should be beaten with your sandals".
According to reports he made the statement while describing the incidents that happened in Jammu & Kashmir - where the BJP is in power with the PDP - and in Uttar Pradesh as horrific, Rao said that Adityanath is "unfit to be the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh" and demanded his resignation. Taking to Twitter, the BJP's leader said, "Dinesh Gundu Rao's choice of words to address Yogi Adityanath ji has appalled me". Utter disrespect to a CM and a revered Natha family saint.
BJP spokesperson Amit Malviya also took to Twitter to lash out at Rao, claiming that his remarks were indicative of the Congress' "hate for Hindus". "I sympathize with you and your party's culture".
BJP leaders, led by MP Shobha Karandlaje, staged a protest against Rao on Sunday before filing a complaint against him with the Election Commission.
As the Karnataka assembly elections are getting closer, the war of words between the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and Congress is getting intense.
- Obituary for April 13, 2018
- Four elephants killed by speeding train in Odisha
- Mecca Masjid blast suspects acquitted: Blow to 'Hindu terror' claim?
- (NYSE:COG) Position Raised by Vident Investment Advisory LLC
- Syrian chemical attack was staged - Russian Federation
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Classic Kingdom' trailer
- Radical Heights Falters in the Increasingly Bloated Battle Royale Genre
- HPBOSE 12th Result 2018 likely to be announced on 25th April
- Mourinho reveals what he told Pogba after Man City heroics
- France says Syria's capacity to produce chemical weapons considerably weakened