On Friday afternoon, New Line's Rampage appeared to be dropping like a rock at the USA box office, with first projections suggesting the big-budget movie might not earn much more than $28 million in its launch.
Directed by Brad Peyton, the movie starring Johnson as a primatologist who bonds with George, an extraordinarily intelligent, silverback gorilla who turns into a raging monster, minted $3.1 million here plus an estimated $US34.5 million in the U.S. and $US114.1 million internationally. That figure brings the movie's domestic total to about $100 million after 10 days in theaters. Rampage made $114.1 million from worldwide markets this weekend, for a total of around $148.6 million. The film has added about $51.7 million from foreign markets.
"A Quiet Place" earned a solid second place finish putting its total domestic earnings to $99.6 million (it was made for $17 million). In China alone, the film has earned $193.8 million.
After misfiring in the US, Paramount's CGI animated film Sherlock Gnomes predictably is struggling, taking $843,000 in its second weekend wide, to reach $3.2 million.
Truth or Dare, the latest microbudget collaboration from Universal and Blumhouse, opened to strong $19.2 million in the US despite competition from A Quiet Place.
Another US dud, Ava Du Vernay's adventure fantasy A Wrinkle in Time has scraped up $3.2 million after taking $498,000 in its third weekend for Disney. The supernatural thriller stars Lucy Hale and Tyler Posey as spring breakers caught up in an innocent game that turns deadly. "Truth or Dare" debuts in 18 markets next weekend, including Mexico.
- Tornado in Baxter County, Arkansas, Confirmed by NWS
- New US sanctions will hurt Washington and Europe more than Russian Federation : lawmaker
- Triggering a Tax Audit from the IRS
- Sirius XM (SIRI) Downgraded to Sell at Zacks Investment Research
- Trudeau Puts Money Where His Mouth Is On Pipeline Dispute
- Goldcorp INC New (GG) Stake Increased by Heathbridge Capital Management Ltd
- Malema's Madikizela-Mandela speech a source of inspiration
- Syrian army declares victory in Eastern Ghouta
- Married woman gang-raped in Uttar Pradesh village
- Is Momentum Building For Indonesia Index ETF Vaneck (IDX)?