The Kathua rape-murder case triggered massive controversy after the incident became heavily politicised. Carrying banners and placards, protesters marched in New Delhi, Mumbai and other cities, demanding that government quickly prosecute rape suspects.
After the matter came to light when the victim tried to immolate herself outside Adityanath's residence in Lucknow on April 8 alleging police inaction for almost an year, criticism against the state government has mounted. "The fight is against patriarchy and we need to push it harder". "We have the power", Mishra said.
After facing flak for his silence, PM Narendra Modi on Friday said, "The incidents of the recent days are a challenge to social justice".
"People are afraid of sending their daughters out", said Shashi Verma, a student who attended the protest.
Pointing fingers at others while protecting its own was the character of the Congress party, he alleged.
Hundreds of people led by Gurgaon-based filmmaker Saba Dewan participated in the protest march called at Parliament Street in the national capital.
Violent crimes against women have been on the rise despite tough laws enacted in 2013.
"The CBI investigation was demanded to find out and bring on surface as to who actually had started playing communal card during the entire period of time".
"The body of the 11-year old was recovered by the side of a highway".
One, the immediate dismissal of the Adityanath government in Uttar Pradesh for protecting a rapist and for abetting the death in police custody of the father of the rape victim in Unnao. The trial is expected to go smoothly after the Jammu Bar Association as well as the Kathua Bar received a rap on the kuckles by the Supreme Court on April 13 as the apex court took a strong note of some lawyers obstructing the judicial process in the case.
"Both the accused (Chotu Kumar and Phekan Kumar) were caught by a police patrol that heard the girl's cries for help". However, what happened to the eight-year-old girl in Kathua can not be seen merely through the prism of the routine brutalisation of Indian women by sexual predators or political perfidy on display under Yogi Adityanath's rule since it has a larger and darker dimension.
- US' Haley rules out one-on-one talks with Syria's Assad
- 'Brand Markle' challenges royals to up their game, says biographer
- Woman's Body Found Near Where SUV Plunged Into River With Family
- Trudeau Puts Money Where His Mouth Is On Pipeline Dispute
- Malema's Madikizela-Mandela speech a source of inspiration
- Jon Rahm reigns in Spain after the 'hardest Sunday of life'
- Endo International PLC's (ENDP) Hold Rating Setd at Oppenheimer Stake, Inc
- Rescuers searching for missing Indian family find womans body
- CVS Health (CVS) Stake Lessened by Brown Advisory Securities LLC
- Rob Gronkowski will not attend start of offseason workouts