Ola co-founder and chief executive Bhavish Aggarwal said three-wheelers also offer an immediate opportunity to improve results for all stakeholders, while lessening pollution across towns and cities.
"We have clocked more than four million [electric] kilometers and have learned the ins and outs of vehicles, capabilities and applications".
Building on this effort, Ola believes that electrification can improve outcomes for drivers, customers, and its business model.
He added that the company is looking at working with state governments and other partners to introduce accessible, affordable, and sustainable mobility solutions at scale.
The Bengaluru-based group believes that EVs cannot only help the environment, but it can also provide better outcomes for drivers, customers, as well as with its overall business model for EV deployment in India.
Ola, the leading ride-hailing startup, has announced plans to expand its electric vehicle offerings in the country.
Ola says in order to electrify vehicles on its networks it will work with driver partners, cities, vehicle manufacturers and battery companies to "make sustainable technologies cost-effective and viable in daily mobility". The project includes electric cabs, electric auto rickshaws, electric buses, rooftop solar installations, charging stations and battery swapping experiments. It added that it plans to continue exploring ways to optimise batteries and charging.
The EV programme in Nagpur has provided Ola with significant insights into effectively managing vehicles, batteries, and operations. Ola is now in discussions with several state and municipal governments about where to launch its electric rickshaw program and is "willing to work with any city committed to sustainable mobility solutions".
Ola is also discussing with original equipment manufacturers (OEM) partners and EV innovators across the globe to launch the vehicles at the planned time. One thing is for sure: As India's largest private vehicle fleet operator, Ola could represent a natural catalyst for EV technology in the country.
- Delphi Management Inc. MA Trims Stake in AbbVie Inc. (ABBV)
- Sony India extends its Headphone and Speaker line-up for 2018
- Eurocontrol warns airlines of 'possible military action' in Syria
- BJP eroding Ambedkar's legacy: Congress
- Lourd Capital LLC Increased Its Bank Amer Corp (BAC) Stake
- Mourinho reveals what he told Pogba after Man City heroics
- 46 shanties gutted in blaze at city's lone Rohingya camp, 200 displaced
- Amethi: Pregnant woman gang-raped by taxi driver and 3 others
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic set for shock Sweden return at the World Cup
- Mourinho slams United as they hand title to City