Modi told the gathering that the people behind the violent activities were from outside the state and it was they who were responsible for the deaths of local youths. Not once did he utter the word "rape".
Two BJP ministers Choudhary Lal Singh and Chander Prakash Ganga, who attended a rally in support of the Kathua accused last month, resigned from the Jammu and Kashmir government led by Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti. The resignation offers came on the eve of a meeting of Mehbooba's PDP, which was preparing to serve an ultimatum to the BJP.
Congress president, Rahul Gandhi has already concluded much of his Karnataka tour and going by party sources, may address a few more rallies in places he has not visited yet. Investigations revealed she was held captive in a temple and was sedated before being repeatedly raped and murdered.
"The Commonwealth is a unique multilateral grouping that not only provides useful assistance to its developing country members, particularly the small states and small-island developing states, but also has a strong global voice for development issues", Modi said. He said that the kind of incidents we have seen in the past have challenged the concept of social justice. It is an internal failing of our society and not at all fitting for any society that claims to be civilised and we are ashamed of it. Prime Minister said Government will build 1.5 lakh Health & Welfare Centres across districts.
"Such incidents, be it in any state of the country, shatter human emotions".
I want to assure the nation that no criminal will be spared. "We all will have to join hands and remove this evil from the society".
After unveiling several pro-poor programmes, including launch of "Ayushman Bharat" scheme in Maoist-affected Baster region of Chhattisgarh, the Prime Minister, who began and ended his speech with "Jai Bheema", vowed to transform 115 "aspirational districts" of the country into "ambitious districts" by adopting different strategies, including a "mass movement". "India is waiting. #SpeakUp".
He was speaking at the inauguration of a memorial for Dr. B.R. Ambedkar at Delhi's Alipur Road. India wants to know: "when?"
- Pacers start strong, finish strong to stun Cavaliers in playoff opener
- People take to streets against Unnao, Kathua, Surat rape incidents
- Stormy Daniels set to appear in court at Trump lawyer's hearing
- Mastercard Inc (MA) Shares Reduced by TCW Group Inc
- From April 14-15 Snovio (SNOV) has moved up more than 0.43%
- CVS Health (CVS) Stake Lessened by Brown Advisory Securities LLC
- Syria chemical attack staged by United Kingdom , claims Russian Federation
- Malema's Madikizela-Mandela speech a source of inspiration
- Trudeau Puts Money Where His Mouth Is On Pipeline Dispute
- 'Brand Markle' challenges royals to up their game, says biographer