If the conviction were tossed, that would mean Meek's probation violation would go out the window, too - and he would be released from the Pennsylvania prison where he's serving 2-4 years.
The Philadelphia District Attorney's Office said in court Monday that the Philly rapper's gun- and drug-related convictions from 2008 should be overturned, after the credibility of Mill's arresting officer was recently impugned. However, Judge Brinkley did not sign off, and, instead, scheduled a hearing on the matter for June.
Spokesman Ben Waxman said the prosecutor's office agreed to the granting of a new trial "due to questions of credibility of the arresting officer". "They obviously have recognized and determined the criminal behavior of the arresting officer, which dates back prior to Meek's arrest".Читайте также: Syria strikes' aim met, more possible if red line crossed
Earning the backing of the Philadelphia District Attorney's office was a considerable victory for Mill's team nonetheless.
Since the sentencing, the rapper has received support from fans and high-profile figures, including New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft, 76ers co-owner Michael Rubin and Mayor Jim Kenney. "He picks me up from school".
Mill, 30, tweeted a quote from attorney Angelo Pinto shorty after Monday's announcement. Mill's lawyers have unsuccessfully appealed the sentence multiple times and have called for Judge Genece Brinkley to recuse herself from the case. She didn't do it during Monday's day in court.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Deutsche Bank AG Set "Purchase" Rating for Royal Dutch Shell Plc (RDSB)
- Calcutta High Court refuses plea against stay of panchayat election process
- 'Al-Assad can not be part of Syria solution'
- Micron Technology (NASDAQ:MU) Downgraded by ValuEngine to Buy
- Ant McPartlin has been sentenced after pleading guilty to drink-driving
- Morning Bell: The politics of the teacher walkout
- AMD officially announces Ryzen 2000 processors
- China plans Taiwan Strait live-fire exercises amid tensions
- Hot Mover to Watch - Realogy Holdings Corp. (NYSE: RLGY)
- Fast moving system brings rain and snow to central Montana