With 87 points from 33 matches, City win their first Premier League title since 2013-14 under Manuel Pellegrini and their third since being bought by the Abu Dhabi United Group in 2008.
It was a win that saw City move back to the top of the table, but more crucially it was a significant result and performance at the home of the club that had dominated the Premier League the previous season.
But a first Premier League title, to go with the three La Liga titles he won as manager of Barcelona and the three Bundesliga titles he delivered for Bayern Munich, will be particularly satisfying.
"It is one of the first things I noticed within the first month", he said.
"I am always a great believer that the truth always comes out and it has", he told BBC WM.
"We need the points to finish second. obviously to finish fourth, we need four or five points, but to finish second we need much more than that", Mourinho added. "They beat us over the two games and that's all you can say". His decision to forego the match looked justified considering West Brom's terrible form, but the visitors easily coped with United's ponderous attacks and looked risky going forward.
But sealing the silverware thanks to a slip from old enemies United and their boss Jose Mourinho - a long-time rival of Guardiola - was a sweet moment, especially after they lost to their neighbours in the Manchester derby last weekend.
United's comeback at the Etihad from a 2-0 half-time deficit offered their supporters a rare fillip of flair and excitement after a hard season where their style of play has hardly endeared Jose Mourinho to the club's fanbase.
The 2012 title win had the infamous last-gasp goal by Sergio Aguero. We couldn't think fast. Everything was slow, everything was one more touch, one more flick, one more trick, one more turn, ball lost and no continuity or fluidity in our football.
Our 18-consecutive victories between August and December set a new Premier League record and we have spent a total of 240 days at the summit of the league since the start of the season.
"We've won the league for you, Man City, Man City", West Brom's fans chanted after the final whistle.
- Guardiola names the game that turned Man City's season
- Delhi man posed as AIIMS doctor to speed up sister's treatment
- Capital Management Corp VA Lowers Position in Visa (NYSE:V)
- Estimate Future Gains with Precise Report for: BHP Billiton Limited (NYSE:BHP)
- China's Sina Weibo reverses ban on 'homosexual' content
- Wells Fargo Analysts Give Goldman Sachs (GS) a $330.00 Price Target
- Salah prefers Champions League to Golden Boot
- Coli outbreak in 11 states linked to romaine lettuce
- Russia, Turkey to cooperate despite different stance on USA strikes against Syria
- OnePlus 6 will be Amazon exclusive, reveals 'India teaser'