The Kremlin on Saturday (April 14) condemned Western air strikes on Syria, where its armed forces are backing President Bashar al-Assad. He says Moscow has "irrefutable information that it was another fabrication, and intelligence agencies of a state that is now striving to spearhead a Russo-phobic campaign were involved in that fabrication".
Russian lawmaker Vladimir Dzhabarov said on Saturday that Russia was likely to call for a meeting of the United Nations Security Council to discuss U.S., British and French air strikes on Syria, RIA news agency reported.
And in a press conference on Friday, Russia's ambassador to the United Kingdom claimed the UK-funded White Helmets are "famous for staging attacks" in Syria.
"First the "Arab spring" tested the Syrian people, then Islamic State (in Iraq and Syria), now smart American rockets".
"You have to be quite abnormal to attack Syria's capital just at the moment when it had a chance for a peaceful future", she wrote.
Russia's Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said on Friday that his country had strong evidence that the bombing of the Syrian city of Douma with a chemical weapon was merely a staged "ploy" and warned that any military escalation would be followed by a major wave of immigration to Europe. "After that statement the U.S. and all other Western media should be aware of their responsibility for what has happened".
Immediately after the attack, Russia's ambassador in Washington Anatoly Antonov issued a statement saying: "The worst apprehensions have come true".
"Our warnings have been left unheard", he said. Again we're being threatened.
The chairman of the worldwide affairs committee of Russia's upper house of parliament, Konstantin Kosachev, said the strikes were a violation of worldwide law and probably created to prevent investigators from the global chemical weapons watchdog from doing their work.
The US Department of State has not commented if Russian Federation had been notified of the strikes.A department official told TASS that nothing could be said at this point.
- Shenmue I and II are coming to current gen platforms
- Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium arrives to take on Samsung Galaxy S9
- HPBOSE 12th Result 2018 likely to be announced on 25th April
- Inflation slows in 1Q on fees-free policy
- Police say Woman who Drove SUV with Family off Cliff was Drunk
- France says Syria's capacity to produce chemical weapons considerably weakened
- Four elephants killed by speeding train in Odisha
- Mourinho slams United as they hand title to City
- Tiger Shroff's BAAGHI 2 dialogue sways youth
- Mourinho reveals what he told Pogba after Man City heroics