In the arts, prizes are awarded in seven categories, including fiction, drama and music.
But in a year when the media has been galvanised by digging into Trump's chaotic presidency, Lamar's award for his album Damn also stood out as the rapper from Compton, California, became the first rap artist to win a Pulitzer in music. "DAMN." is the first non-classical or jazz work to win the award, according to the associated press.
People showed enormous excitement for Kendrick and offered their sincerest congratulations to the artist.
Previous Pulitzer music winners include jazz musicians Wynton Marsalis and Ornette Coleman. He's also been a dominator on the charts, having achieved two dozen Top 40 hits, including a No. 1 success with "Humble", and he has even collaborated with the likes of U2, Taylor Swift, Imagine Dragons, Rihanna and Beyonce. He brought of dose of seriousness to the 2015 BET Awards, rapping on top of a police vehicle with a large American flag waving behind him.Читайте также: Private Wealth Advisors Inc. Sells 621 Shares of Walmart Inc (NYSE:WMT)
Kendrick Lamar in 2015. "DAMN." lost album of the year to Bruno Mars' "24K Magic" in January.
The 2017 Pulitzer Prize for music went to "Angel's Bone", an opera by composer Du Yun.
The first journalism prizes were awarded in 1917, including one to the New York Tribune for an editorial on the first anniversary of the sinking of the Lusitania. Late previous year, Lamar released a "collector's edition" of DAMN. with the original album's tracklist reversed - played back-to-front it revealed even more of the album's shifting, contrasting revelations of self.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Deutsche Bank AG Set "Purchase" Rating for Royal Dutch Shell Plc (RDSB)
- Micron Technology (NASDAQ:MU) Downgraded by ValuEngine to Buy
- National Football League to prohibit 10 helmet models due to player safety
- Mondelez International (NASDAQ:MDLZ) Lowered to Hold at Zacks Investment Research
- Haley: More sanctions against Russian Federation coming Monday
- Starting tomorrow, you can sign up for Bumble without a Facebook account
- Morning Bell: The politics of the teacher walkout
- Boston Marathon: American Woman Wins For First Time Since '85
- As Glaxosmithkline (GSK) Shares Rose, Shareholder Kahn Brothers Group INC Increased Stake
- 3 officials resign in Kenya's electoral body over poll probe