White House counselor Kellyanne Conway said Monday that President Trump is perplexed that fired Federal Bureau of Investigation director James B. Comey is receiving so much attention for what she characterized as a "revisionist" version of his limited interactions with her boss. Unfortunately, the presidential counselor accidentally suggested that it was Comey's intervention in 2016 that delivered the presidential election to her boss, Donald Trump.
"This guy swung an election", Conway told ABC's George Stephanopoulos, whose highly anticipated interview with Comey aired Sunday night.
Attorney General Jeff Sessions, then a top Trump campaign surrogate, also praised Comey's move, telling Fox News in late October and early November 2016 that Comey "had an absolute duty" to "come forward with the new information" and "did the right thing".
Second, um, what? Conway said, "This guy swung an election". Then she began trying to talk over Cuomo and went back to the well of thought to say that the Federal Bureau of Investigation was nothing but Democrat agents angling for Hillary Clinton to pull out the 2016 election.
Folks on the Internet took notice of Conway's media gaffes of the day and had plenty to say. She continued to push back against Cuomo's assertion that Comey's announcement hurt Clinton's chances. The interview highlighted the April 17 release of Comey's book, A Higher Loyalty: Truth, Lies, and Leadership.
Shortly after her lap on the morning shows, Conway told the Daily Beast that she was being "tongue-in-cheek" during her comments on ABC.
"I rolled my eyes and said, 'Really, this guy swung an election?' It was sarcastic", she said. "This misleading headline should include an eye roll and question mark", Conway wrote, while attaching an ABC News article with a headline claiming he she attacked Comey for swinging the election. "Suggesting he is a partisan interfering with the election is unsafe & unfair".
- Monsanto Company (MON) stock RSI 71.66 value Indicates a sell possibility
- Tata Motors shares fall 4% after JLR's job-cut plan
- Trading Lines in Review for Crown Castle International Corp (CCI)
- Bb&T Corp Increased Stake in Valero Energy (VLO)
- Armed robbery suspect sought
- More Dorset children get their first choice primary school
- U.S. traders start the week with retail sales and the Empire Fed
- City Clinch Premier League Title After United Slip Up
- What exactly is going on with the disgraced 'king of Donkey Kong'?
- Examine Growth Possibility of: Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMY)