The Congress on Sunday said not a single section of society is happy with the Modi government and that the actions of the BJP-led government have put the country and its Constitution in danger. "I commend the manner in which the people of Jammu dismissed communal forces and were unwavering in their support for a little girl".
Hill State Demand Committee and Karbi Students Association (Simeon Rongphar faction) have demanded a stringent action the perpetrator s of gang rape cases in Jammu & Kashmir and Uttar Pradesh.
The former minister alleged that Mehbooba had succumbed to the pressure of separatists whom he accused of trying to communalise the rape-murder of the child with a view to polarize the situation in Jammu that has so far remained out of their influence. Earlier, Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti has said that the state government will bring stringent new law to make death penalty mandatory for those who rape minors. "The charge that the two ministers were pro-rapist is absolutely wrong".
"They took the resignation of two ministers because as per media, their role was not positive, " said PDP leader and Works Minister Nayeem Akhtar.
Condemning the brutal incident, Mr Javadekar said two of its ministers in the J&K government have resigned following the controversy.
The girl's body was found in the forests on January 17. "Beyond that, I don't think there will be any impact of this incident or these developments on the coalition". The party is also looking at the possibility of inducting BJP state president Sat Sharma, who is completing his three-year term in December. During investigation, the crime branch alleged that the girl was drugged and repeatedly raped before being killed by hitting her head with stones. Certainly, there was a lack of discretion. Politics should not be played in the heinous crime. The party with support of BSP which has 18 MLAs (after defection of Anil Singh) and 7 of Congress the second opposition candidate can sail through easily.
Madhav told the BJP leaders that while the party wouldn't compromise on its core agenda of securing the "interests of Hindus" of Jammu, it "can't afford to be seen in coalition with the government which was influenced by bias of Muslims".
- China targets $3 billion of U.S. goods in tariff spat
- Freeport-McMoRan (NYSE:FCX) Coverage Initiated at Goldman Sachs
- Led airstrikes hit all targets in Syria: Pentagon
- As of May, 2 InterXion Holding NV (INXN) Analysts See $0.21 EPS
- Injured Kamlesh Nagarkoti ruled out of IPL season
- Harry Kane on golden boot race: Salah has had an wonderful season
- Triggering a Tax Audit from the IRS
- Narendra Modi Finally Responds On The Rape Cases In The Country
- $0.23 EPS Expected for Genworth Financial, Inc. (GNW) as of May, 1
- Stormy Daniels set to appear in court at Trump lawyer's hearing