Nikki took to Instagram to share a statement regarding their breakup, and the announcement comes almost one year after their surprise engagment at last year's Wrestlemania, and the couple hinted at relationship issues in the trailer for the upcoming Season 3 of Total Bellas.
If Nikki Bella and John Cena can't make it, can any couple?
The couple has been dating for six years and were engaged to be married at WrestleMania 33 when Cena proposed to Nikki Bella after winning their tag team match on the card. "We ask that you just respect our privateness throughout this time in our lives".
But Cena hinted at relationship problems after a trailer for the new season of Bella's E! reality series, Total Bellas, showed the two in tears talking about their relationship.
"Like I said, we both have some work to do and we're genuinely trying our best to work through it", Cena said. "But we work every day on us". Some of our problems are very public, some of them aren't.
He continued: "It takes being able to mesh two lives". That's why she's super busy and sometimes we don't see each other for months at a time, but when we do see each other, it's our time together.
On Today in March Cena said, "I think in relationships, you have highs and lows, and that was an extreme low".
- 53rd Annual Academy of Country Music Awards airs tonight on WTRF CBS
- Man City crowned champions after United defeat
- This is our proudest victory, says Vincent Kompany
- Endo International PLC's (ENDP) Hold Rating Setd at Oppenheimer Stake, Inc
- Stormy Daniels set to appear in court at Trump lawyer's hearing
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR) Received Consensus Recommendation of "Purchase" by Analysts
- As of May, 2 InterXion Holding NV (INXN) Analysts See $0.21 EPS
- 'Brand Markle' challenges royals to up their game, says biographer
- Narendra Modi Finally Responds On The Rape Cases In The Country
- CWG 2018: Dipika-Joshna wins silver in women's doubles squash