52, and Kyna Felder-Ruiz, 35, were indicted Wednesday on multiple charges accusing them of filing dozens of fraudulent tax returns that inflated their clients refunds, dating to 2012.
Thanks to the calendar and a law that prohibits tax deadlines from being on holidays, you have two extra days to file. A tax extension gives you an additional six months to file your taxes. If you're like me, you'll need both of them. If you haven't filed yet, experts say you need to file for an extension.
For the 2015 tax year, the IRS indicated that only 802 people had included cryptocurrency gains or losses in their tax filings. Mark Jaeger, director of tax development at TaxAct, said that some taxpayers are shareholders or partners in a business and are still waiting to receive their Schedule K-1 form.
Taxes are due on Tuesday.
Per the IRS, there are more than 90,000 volunteers around the country, who can help you correctly complete your return. If you're married filing jointly and your adjusted gross income is less than $150,000, just make sure that this year's withholdings plus payments equal the same as last year. In fact, they're lower than they've ever been in the past 15 years, primarily due to a reduction of the IRS' budget according to the New York Post.
While many Americans enjoy getting a tax refund, others would rather have access to that money throughout the year.
The tax deadline is usually April 15th, but this year, that's a Sunday.
To find out how much you have to pay, you can use the payment estimator provided by the IRS on their website.
- Avengers: Infinity War Teaser Shows Spider-Man Fall From Space
- (OMER) PT at $26.43
- UN Security Council rejects Russian resolution on Syria
- Salah would trade Golden Boot for Champions League
- Woolworths hit by nationwide technical outage
- The football world reacts as Man City win the Premier League
- Donald Trump's campaign raises $10 million, spends big on legal bills
- 4 injured in brawl at Gurudwara
- WhatsApp is changing its 'delete for all' feature again
- Colon loses flawless game in eighth inning