In V-Wars, Somerhalder, whose credits also include Lost and Smallville, plays Dr. Luther Swann, a man who sees his best friend transformed by a disease essentially into a vampire. "As the disease spreads and more people are transformed, society fractures into opposing camps pitting normal people against the growing number of these vampires", the series' description reads. Unfortunately for him, Michael rises to power as an underground leader of the vampires, putting Swann in a hard spot.
Netflix has picked up the series for 10 episodes.
The series is based on IDW Publishing's V-Wars franchise, written by New York Times best-selling author Jonathan Maberry.
Brad Turner (Human Cargo, 24, Stargate, Stargate Atlantis) is attached to direct the pilot episode of V-Wars and executive produce the series as a whole. He also became a producer on the show, and directed a few episodes. However, numerous actor's Vampire Diaries fans are sure to follow him to the V-Wars Netflix series for the latest chapter in his career. "We are thrilled to partner with Netflix to bring the multifaceted world that Jonathan Maberry created to audiences worldwide". Eric Birnberg and Thomas Walden will executive produce for High Park, with David Ozer and Ted Adams for IDW Entertainment and James Gibb for Marada Pictures. Despite multiple attempts to bring the series to both the big and small screen, IDW remains committed to finding the project a creative home.
In fact, even when reading the novel, you can struggle to get the character's description in your head over Somerhalder's smoldering looks. He now has a pod deal with TVD producers Warner Bros. The actor previously starred as an immortal in eight seasons of The CW's The Vampire Diaries.
- Ycg LLC Decreased Express Scripts Hldg Co (ESRX) Stake as Shares Declined
- Domino's Pizza Group (DOM) Given Consensus Rating of "Hold" by Brokerages
- Analysts assigned mean rating score of 2.30 for AvalonBay Communities, Inc. (AVB)
- Manchester City Win 2017/18 Premier League Title, With 5 Games Remaining
- Russia, Turkey to cooperate despite different stance on USA strikes against Syria
- Vehicle insurance cost drops for first time in three years
- USA to announce new economic sanctions on Russian Federation
- Today's Brokerage Rating: Square, Inc. (SQ), The Coca-Cola Company (KO)
- Donovan Mitchell To Play in Game 2 After Toe Injury
- China's Sina Weibo reverses ban on 'homosexual' content