Christian Eriksen pulled a goal back for Tottenham shortly before half-time when City were leading 2-0 but Spurs failed to build on their momentum at the start of the second half. Ross Dyer and Steve Nicol break down Manchester City's win over Tottenham at Wembley, which brought Man City's three-match losing run to a halt.
Former Arsenal star Paul Merson has stated in The Daily Star that Tottenham Hotspur striker Harry Kane has a big advantage over Liverpool winger Mohamed Salah in the race for the Premier League Golden Boot award.
Kane now trails Salah, who hit the 30-mark on Saturday, by five goals.
"I wouldn't put it past him, we have seen what he has done before".
"We've seen what he has done before". Previous year against (Romelu) Lukaku it was a tough competition and he finished the season really strongly with the amount of goals he scored.
"But that can't be H's main focus this season".
"He [Salah] told me he was gonna claim all of them [the goals]", Henderson told the BT after the game. "We need to show ourselves that we can compete".
'He's a big player, so hopefully he can keep scoring for us. "He has got great finishing".
Tottenham successfully lobbied the Football Association to have a Christian Eriksen goal credited to Harry Kane, who was publicly stumping very hard for the idea that he did in fact get the final touch on the goal in question.
Kane will have a chance to trim that gap when Spurs host leaders Manchester City for a mammoth tie on Saturday while Salah will look to extend his season's tally when Liverpool welcome Bournemouth on the same day. He's just got to keep it going, with his work rate, his movement off the ball, how strong he is.
"Harry is an unbelievable striker".
Since the decision, there's been a running joke that Kane is now claiming every goal possible - even if he's not even playing in the match. "He has just got to ignore what everyone else is saying, he knows how good he is and I am sure everyone else knows how good he is".
- UN Security Council rejects Russian resolution on Syria
- People take to streets against Unnao, Kathua, Surat rape incidents
- Stormy Daniels set to appear in court at Trump lawyer's hearing
- Led airstrikes hit all targets in Syria: Pentagon
- Actor R. Lee Ermey of 'Full Metal Jacket' dies at 74
- McKinnon's 'Laura Ingraham' Details New Advertisers on SNL
- EPL: Giroud helps Chelsea secure comeback win over Southampton
- Chemical Bank Purchases 2000 Shares of Eastman Chemical (EMN)
- 'Brand Markle' challenges royals to up their game, says biographer
- Boston is strong five years after Boston Marathon bombing