After months of soulful performances and heartfelt renditions, singing reality show Rising Star 2 found its victor in Hemant Brijwasi, who went home with the prestigious trophy and a cash prize of Rs 20 lakh. Hemant beat Rohanpreet Singh, Vishnumaya Ramesh and Zaid Ali to take home a shiny trophy and a lumsome prize money. Hemant Brijwasi was announced the victor, while Rohanpreet Singh became the runner up. The 20-year-old mesmerised the audience with the hit song Alvida from Life In A Metro.
The grand finale of Rising Star 2 took place on Sunday night and it was as exciting as the season, which had some great contestants. Hemant had also participated in India's Got Talent.
After a tough battle of thirteen weeks, four contestants made it to the grand finale of the popular reality show. Zaid Ali was eliminated first in the round after which a close competition ensued between Brijwasi, Vishnumaya (who got 85 per cent votes) and Rohanpreet (who got 83 per cent votes). The show is at its finale and contestants have impressed the judges Diljit Dosanjh, Monali Thakur, Shankar Mahadevan with their performances, till date.
Meanwhile, the last round saw Rohanpreet taking to the stage as he got 78 per cent votes after singing Khuda Jaane from Bachna Ae Haseeno.
Next contestant Vishnumaya sang a romantic number Bairi Piya from Devdas and as a 3 finalist received 88 percent of votes after Hemant Brijwasi and Zaid Ali.
Vishnu Maya who doesn't understand a word of Hindi was able to raise the wall with her flawless rendition of Bairi Piya from the film Devdas and got 88% votes. He is the victor of the popular Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Li'l Champs - 2009 and also participated in India's Got Talent and Jo Jeeta Wohi Superstar 2. The show which was hosted by Ravi Dubey managed to garner successful viewership. Well, we certainly can't get over the breathtaking performances of the contestants on Rising Star 2.
- Brokerages Set Taiwan Semiconductor Mfg. Co. Ltd. (TSM) Price Target at $39.67
- JD Wetherspoon closes all of its social media accounts with immediate effect
- Traders Buy Financial Select Sector SPDR Fund (XLF) on Weakness
- France says Syria's capacity to produce chemical weapons considerably weakened
- Lourd Capital LLC Increased Its Bank Amer Corp (BAC) Stake
- Ola to deploy 10000 electric vehicles in 12 months
- 46 shanties gutted in blaze at city's lone Rohingya camp, 200 displaced
- IMO agrees strategy for cutting carbon dioxide emissions in shipping
- Here's What Happens to Negan in The Walking Dead Season Finale
- Eurocontrol warns airlines of 'possible military action' in Syria