Crystal Palace look close to safety after they beat Brighton 3-2 while Huddersfield are two points better off than Palace with a 1-0 win over Watford. The Citizens needed to eradicate these doubts, and they did, putting in a brilliant performance, that led to their comprehensive win. "You could see the difference in the attitude to players compared to last week", said the Portuguese coach. Leroy Sane was a threat all night on the left flank, running beyond Kieran Trippier, fashioning clearcut chances and offering himself as an option.
Sane nearly scored City's third goal on 29 minutes only to be denied by Davinson Sanchez who raced back to block the German's effort.
Regardless of United's results, City will be crowned champions by beating Swansea next week. This was completely different, with the north Londoners slow out of the blocks and forced to play catch-up after going 2-0 down within 25 minutes of the first whistle.
Having succeeded in taking a goal off his team-mate this week, Harry Kane cutely played in Eriksen, who enjoyed a slice of luck when Aymeric Laporte's challenge played the ball back against him and it flew past Ederson. Tottenham did a good job early on pressuring City players on both the giving and receiving end of passes and it disorganized the attack.
Pep Guardiola's charges took advantage of their dominance and went ahead on 21 minutes as Vincent Kompany's long ball found Gabriel Jesus, who out-ran Davinson Sanchez before slotting past Hugo Lloris. "There are plenty of things to think about after this game".
"We congratulate them, they are very close to winning the Premier League".
It's fair to say the Liverpool man did not take kindly to the news that the Premier League had eventually added the goal to Kane's tally.
"The pundits in November, they said it was already done - it was impossible that City, if they hadn't lost in six months, it's impossible for them to drop points", he said. Harry Kane played the ball through for the Danish midfielder, whose shot was deflected back off his own leg and into the back of the net, sparking thousands of tweets saying Kane will claim the goal from folks who think they're really amusing. That shows their growth and how their manager's methods are working just fine as they continue working to establish their dominance over the rest of the Premier League.
- Jon Rahm reigns in Spain after the 'hardest Sunday of life'
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR) Received Consensus Recommendation of "Purchase" by Analysts
- 53rd Annual Academy of Country Music Awards airs tonight on WTRF CBS
- Syria chemical attack staged by United Kingdom , claims Russian Federation
- Endo International PLC's (ENDP) Hold Rating Setd at Oppenheimer Stake, Inc
- Han Solo Has A Really Good Feeling About This
- Trudeau Puts Money Where His Mouth Is On Pipeline Dispute
- Tornado in Baxter County, Arkansas, Confirmed by NWS
- Gmail to soon receive 'Confidential Mode' and 'Self-Destructing' Emails
- US, Russia fight at United Nations over Syria chemical weapons attacks