On April 12 at approximately 1:10 p.m., firefighters responded to Woodville Road in Brandywine for the report of brush fire.
According to Heaton local fire departments were already on site working to protect nearby structures as he also confirmed two structures were threatened by this brush fire. Waverly Assistant Fire Chief Michael Tanner said in addition to the fire on Emerson Avenue, the department was also fighting a fire on Whippoorwill Road.
Area fire crews were busy with brush fires Thursday.
Crews were able to stop the progress and contain the flames around 8 p.m.
Fire Chief Steve Scholl said about one acre of ground was burned in that blaze.
Firefighters say the fire was not caused by severe weather.
At last check Saturday evening, that fire was only reported to be under 5 acres.
Dispatchers said the Wildland Task Force has been activated to help fight the fire.
So far, no injuries have been reported.
We'll update you with more details as this story develops.
- Syrian army declares victory in Eastern Ghouta
- Massive protests across nation over Unnao, Kathua rape cases
- Delhi Daredevils register thrilling win over Mumbai Indians
- Manchester City Win Premier League Title
- Foot injury rules KKR's Nagarkoti out of IPL 2018
- Kim Kardashian's Another Photoshop Fail!
- Danaher Corp Del (DHR) Stake Decreased by Chevy Chase Trust Holdings Inc
- Tesla Motors, Inc. (TSLA) Received "Outperform" Rating from Morgan Stanley
- 'Massive' Sydney bushfire burns over 2000 hectares
- Kentucky governor apologizes for linking child abuse to teacher protests