Wurst wrote: "I have been HIV-positive for many years".
Writing on Instagram, the Austrian drag queen, 29, said she felt forced to reveal her HIV status because an ex-boyfriend had "threatened to go public".
The singer, whose distinctive look combines long dark hair, painted nails and groomed black beard, shot to fame after winning the long-running music contest with power ballad "Rise Like a Phoenix".
"Since I received the diagnosis, I am in medical treatment, and for many years without interruption under the detection limit, so that so not able to pass on the virus".
She continues: "Secondly, it is an information that I believe is mainly relevant to those people with whom sexual contact is an option". In her message Wurst thanked her fans for their support, and added that she wanted to help end the "stigmatisation of people who have become infected by HIV, either through their own behaviour or through no fault of their own".
She praised the "unconditional support" she had received from her family and added that sparing them the publicity was one reason she had not chosen to share the information before now.Читайте также: Owaisi's AIMIM not to contest Karnataka polls, will support JDS
The publish concludes: "to my followers: the details about my hiv standing could also be new to you - my standing will not be!" I am stronger, extra motivated and liberated than ever.
Ian Inexperienced, chief govt of the Terrence Higgins Trust, which campaigns on and offers companies regarding HIV, stated: "The choice to speak brazenly about your HIV standing needs to be a private one and never taken away or ever, ever used as a risk".
"Threatening to reveal someone's HIV status, under any circumstances, is entirely wrong". And we know this isn't something which only happens to those in the public eye.
Wurst revealed that regular treatment had suppressed the virus.
"We applaud Conchita for dealing with this with such dignity and together with in her publish that individuals dwelling with HIV who're on efficient remedy, like her, can not move the virus on".
The 2014 Eurovision victor went on to say that the virus was no longer detectable in her blood and was not at risk of being passed on to anyone else.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Toronto police to provide update on Bruce McArthur investigation Monday
- Ycg LLC Decreased Express Scripts Hldg Co (ESRX) Stake as Shares Declined
- Ian Somerhalder Returns for Another Vampire Drama With Netflix's 'V-Wars'
- The Weeknd, Bella Hadid spotted rekindling their romance
- Netflix (NFLX) Upgraded at Deutsche Bank
- Binghamton University stabbing: Police identify dead freshman
- Manchester City Win 2017/18 Premier League Title, With 5 Games Remaining
- Emergency crews respond to plane crash in Crozet; injuries unknown
- Wells Fargo Analysts Give Goldman Sachs (GS) a $330.00 Price Target
- Burlington Stores Inc (NYSE:BURL) Shorts Reduced By 18.38%