And it follows a man who wakes up one day to discover that he's the only person who can actually remember the songs of The Beatles.
Initial word of Sheeran's involvement comes courtesy of Deadline, where it's reported that the now untitled comedy project - written by Love Actually's Richard Curtis - has already rounded up a cast that includes Lily James, Kate McKinnon and Himish Patel.
Sheeran has already started to make his transition to the screen with appearances in Game of Thrones, Bridget Jones' Baby, The Bastard Executioner and Home and Away. Sheeran will apparently write new songs, while tracks from the legendary British group will also feature in the film.
"Everything Ed touches turns to gold", an unnamed source close to production company Working Title told the tabloid newspaper.
The cast for the movie thus far includes Lily James and Himesh Patel.
'He is the biggest hit-maker on the planet. Plot details are being kept under wraps. Kate McKinnon ("SNL") is said to be in talks too, Deadline reported, with filming scheduled for this summer.
The film is being backed by Universal, and will be produced by Working Title's Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner as well as Curtis and Boyle, who recently confirmed he is writing the script for the next James Bond outing.
According to the report, Sheeran will make an onscreen cameo in the movie, as well as providing original music to the soundtrack.
- 200 million eggs recalled over salmonella fears; how to check your cartons
- Emergency crews respond to plane crash in Crozet; injuries unknown
- Binghamton University stabbing: Police identify dead freshman
- TV presenter Ant McPartlin pleads guilty to drink driving
- Estimate Future Gains with Precise Report for: BHP Billiton Limited (NYSE:BHP)
- The Weeknd, Bella Hadid spotted rekindling their romance
- Sega Ages For Nintendo Switch Could Expand With Dreamcast, Saturn Games
- Netflix (NFLX) Upgraded at Deutsche Bank
- Brewers stop Mets' winning skein with 5-1 victory
- Infrequent Trade Dycom Industries, Inc.'s (DY)