The event was criticised for letting the athletes into the stadium before the ceremony kicked off, effectively eliminating the traditional "entrance" that many viewers look forward to.
"But we made a mistake.that was clearly a stuff up".
The events management company is part of the IPG group and leading its organisation of the opening and closing ceremonies was David Zolkwer, head of Jack Morton Worldwide Public Events. I can't be more honest about it than that.
Channel Seven's commentators said athletes were denied the spotlight.
And we were. Stretching from Surfers Paradise to the beach volleyball courts of Coolangatta, the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games are destined to go down as one of the greats.
This is by no means uncommon, Closing Ceremony's a usually less spectacular affairs. "They're actually wrecking a tradition that's so important and part of the games".
"So far, they have not disappointed us though we had one or two errors that had been corrected so that others won't fall victim again", he said.
"The last thing they want is standing in a field for an hour waiting to get into a closing ceremony", Beattie told the Seven Network's "Sunrise" breakfast show on Monday.
Ricki-Lee Coulter also took to the stage.
GOLDOC made the decision that the athletes would enter the arena during the pre-show, which is not broadcast. We were driven by the welfare of athletes.
It was hard, amid the crashing cobalt surf and the searing sunshine, the spilling late-night bars of Broadbeach, the bright and pristine sporting venues, to reconcile the notion that these are a Games whose relevance on the modern sporting calendar is increasingly questioned.
"People are thinking that Channel Seven has chosen not to show pictures of athletes or not to show the flagbearer, Kurt Fearnley, or other flagbearers", Griggs said.
"He wondered what we were doing to get such result". The ceremony was also criticised for "self indulgent" speeches by dignitaries.
The ceremony has been described as lacking star power, even with sprinting legend Usain Bolt hitting the DJ decks and dancing with mascot Borobi during the spectacle.
Footage posted to social media from the stadium and its surrounds appears to show blocks of empty seats and masses of audience members leaving partway through proceedings.
"I am not interested in blaming anyone else", he said.
Viewers described the ceremony as an "Australian Idol reunion" and an "epic fail", and questioned how the athletes could possibly have been left out.
- EPL: Giroud helps Chelsea secure comeback win over Southampton
- As of May, 2 InterXion Holding NV (INXN) Analysts See $0.21 EPS
- 53rd Annual Academy of Country Music Awards airs tonight on WTRF CBS
- Stormy Daniels set to appear in court at Trump lawyer's hearing
- HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL: Wildcats put pitching on parade during win streak
- Chelsea claim first win from 2-0 down since 2002
- John Cena & Nikki Bella End Their Engagement & Announce Split After 6 Years
- 'Brand Markle' challenges royals to up their game, says biographer
- US, Russia fight at United Nations over Syria chemical weapons attacks
- Chemical Bank Purchases 2000 Shares of Eastman Chemical (EMN)