The 44-year-old Rangers pitcher was ideal through seven innings against the Astros before walking Carlos Correa on a 3-1 pitch to leadoff the eighth inning.
Colon has struck out seven on 83 pitches.
BC-BBA-Rangers-Colon-No-Hitter Alert, 186Colon loses no-hit bid for Rangers in 8th vs AstrosAP Photo TXMW104Eds: APNewsNow. Mitch Moreland also had three hits for the Red Sox, who completed a three-game sweep of the shortened series and improved to a major league-best 13-2 under new manager Alex Cora. Chirinos clubbed a solo home run off of Justin Verlander to get the Rangers on the board in the third inning, the lone hit that the Rangers would tally in eight innings against the Astros' hurler.
Clayton Kershaw struck out 12 and pitched two-hit ball over seven innings and Los Angeles Dodgers ended an 11-game losing streak against Arizona in the regular season.
Colon threw 96 pitches, 66 for strikes, and kept the powerful Astros off balance by changing speeds and working expertly to both edges of the plate.
On his way from the mound to the dugout, the good-humored Colon gestured toward Reddick at third base with a quick flick of his hand.
Colon's longest no-hit bid came with the Cleveland Indians on September 18, 2000, when he held the New York Yankees hitless for 7 1/3 innings. In his last start, he lasted just four innings. It was the third time in four starts this season he has lasted at least seven innings. He allowed two earned runs over 11 innings in his first three appearances (one start).
Texas scored eight of its 11 runs in the series on seven homers. Keuchel has never opened 0-3.
- Henderson aims dig at Kane over Salah scoring rivalry
- Actor R. Lee Ermey of 'Full Metal Jacket' dies at 74
- The football world reacts as Man City win the Premier League
- CWG 2018: Dipika-Joshna wins silver in women's doubles squash
- Avengers: Infinity War Teaser Shows Spider-Man Fall From Space
- #Kathua: BJP accepts resignation of its two J&K ministers
- EPL: Giroud helps Chelsea secure comeback win over Southampton
- Donald Trump's campaign raises $10 million, spends big on legal bills
- Chelsea claim first win from 2-0 down since 2002
- Led airstrikes hit all targets in Syria: Pentagon