States that have reported people infected with the E. coli strain include Washington, Idaho, Missouri, Illinois, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and MI.
Chopped romaine lettuce has been linked to dozens of cases of E. coli and anyone who has the leafy green in their refrigerator is told to throw it away immediately, health officials said Friday.
The CDC investigation is ongoing to identify the source of the contamination. The CDC says all the victims were sickened between March 22 and March 31, with most reporting that they ate romaine within a week of getting sick.
The FDA and CDC are advising consumers to ask restaurants and other food service establishments where they source their romaine lettuce from and to avoid any that came from Yuma, Arizona. But there have been a few recalls issued in connection with this matter.
This is a different E. coli O157:H7 HUS outbreak from the E. coli outbreak that took place from November to December 2017. Fresh Foods has recalled salads made with chopped romaine, and Freshway Foods has recalled salads as well. So far, the contaminated lettuce can be traced only to the Yuma, Arizona, growing region.
If you've bought lettuce lately throw it out, chances are it will make you sick. "The FDA now does not have information to indicate that whole-head romaine lettuce or hearts of romaine have contributed to this outbreak". The symptoms include loss of appetite, fatigue, severe abdominal cramping, diarrhea and fever. We get answers, compensation for our clients who have been injured, and justice through our work.
"It is unrealistic to expect consumers to figure out whether their romaine was produced in Arizona or somewhere else, especially when eating in a restaurant", she says. Attorney Fred Pritzker and his team recently won $7.5 million for young client whose kidneys failed because of hemolytic uremic syndrome after an E. coli O157:H7 infection.
- Vehicle insurance cost drops for first time in three years
- Guardiola names the game that turned Man City's season
- Veteran Linebacker James Harrison Retires After 15 NFL Seasons
- The New Gmail Is Definitely Going To Have Self-Destructing Emails
- Boeing (BA) Position Reduced by FineMark National Bank & Trust
- Hemant Brijwasi wins Rising Star 2
- Caterpillar Inc. (CAT) EPS Estimated At $2.04
- We Now Know Who Actually Bought Stuff From Russell Crowe's Divorce Auction
- #BeyChella: Beyonce's ICONIC Coachella performance
- Nuance Communications (NUAN) Given a $20.00 Price Target by Morgan Stanley Analysts