Celtic's bid to win a domestic treble for the second time in as many seasons remains alive, with this 4-0 victory over Rangers amongst the most straightforward Brendan Rodgers has enjoyed since he took office.
Dembele set the tone for the afternoon when he crashed a volley on to the post after five minutes, connecting with Ntcham's floated cross, but Rangers held out until they allowed Rogic to control the ball and turn his man inside the penalty area before side-footing the ball into the bottom-right corner after 22 minutes. It was a very poor performance'.
Tavernier was at a loss as to explain why the bare minimum of effort alluded his team. "It comes down to individuals".
"I'll speak to him during the week". Obviously, it was massive match for both clubs. The 26-year-old team-mate had no compunction about adding to these as he became the one Rangers player to appear in the mixed zone afterwards.
'We'll have to go from here and have a big look at ourselves. Mistakes cost us yet again and it's just not good enough.' Rangers lost 3-2 against ten-man Celtic at Ibrox last month but Tavernier insisted a psychological hangover from that defeat had not been a factor in the way they started at Hampden.
Rogic's contract with the Hoops runs out at the end of next season, and the Bhoys will need to act quick to get a deal done before they are forced to sell him, as they simply can not be allowed him to leave on a free transfer.
'Not at all, ' he said.
Celtic then found their second goal when Russell Martin failing to clear Kieran Tierney's cross and instead presented the ball to McGregor, who gladly dispatched it into the far corner of the net beyond the diving Wes Foderingham.
- (NYSE:COG) Position Raised by Vident Investment Advisory LLC
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg's Compensation Up By 54% In 2017
- Police say Woman who Drove SUV with Family off Cliff was Drunk
- Rossi on pole at Grand Prix of Long Beach
- Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium arrives to take on Samsung Galaxy S9
- Obituary for April 13, 2018
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic set for shock Sweden return at the World Cup
- BJP eroding Ambedkar's legacy: Congress
- Statewide bandh in Andhra Pradesh over special category status demand
- Here's What Happens to Negan in The Walking Dead Season Finale