Wilmer Flores hit a game-winning home run with two outs in the bottom of the ninth inning Sunday and the New York Mets beat the Milwaukee Brewers 3-2 to improve the best start in team history to 12-2.
"We're all ready to get out of here", a smiling Flores said during a postgame interview on the field, just before getting doused by a teammate.
With the game tied at two and two down in the ninth, Flores tallied his only hit of the game against Matt Albers. Since we're already nearly three weeks in it's time for the first episode of the season.
CARDINALS 3, REDS 2: Carlos Martinez struck out a season-high 11 batters in seven shutout innings and Harrison Bader's two-run homer helped St. Louis win at Cincinnati.
Calling that first at-bat a "statement" was the understatement of the year, as Sydergaard went on to strike out six batters in six innings and get the win in the Mets' 9-3 victory, their only win that series.
Under is 55-25-3 in Milwaukee last 83 overall and under is 52-25-3 in Milwaukee last 80 on grass and under is 7-1 in Anderson's last 8 road starts.
Marte's five hits were a career high, and his average rose from.241 to.305.
The Mets offense did their damage on nine hits and three walks with Todd Frazier leading the way with a pair of long balls while Jay Bruce drove in a run and scored followed by Asdrubal Cabrera with two runs.
Yankees 8, Tigers 6 • Aaron Hicks hit an inside-the-park home run in the second inning, then added a solo shot over the fence in the sixth to send NY to a victory at Detroit. The Giants have lost 4 of 5. But the Dodgers swept Arizona 3-0 a year ago in the NL division series.
- Capital Management Corp VA Lowers Position in Visa (NYSE:V)
- Broncos release CJ Anderson
- Russia, Turkey to cooperate despite different stance on USA strikes against Syria
- Eagles Drop Daryl Worley after DUI in South Philly
- United Kingdom admits 'horrendous' mistakes over 'Windrush' immigrants denied rights
- Estimate Future Gains with Precise Report for: BHP Billiton Limited (NYSE:BHP)
- Netflix (NFLX) Upgraded at Deutsche Bank
- Longtime Steelers LB Harrison retires
- Wells Fargo Analysts Give Goldman Sachs (GS) a $330.00 Price Target
- Today's Brokerage Rating: Square, Inc. (SQ), The Coca-Cola Company (KO)