A Binghamton University student died after he was stabbed on campus, university officials said on the Binghamton University Facebook page.
A 19-year-old boy in his first year at the university was stabbed around 10:30 p.m., the school said on Twitter.
The alert goes on to say, the stabbing happened in Windham Hall. BU said it was in the process of doing that Monday morning. The suspect, described as a light-skinned male wearing dark trousers and a dark, Puma hooded sweatshirt, remains at large. Additional details will be provided as soon as possible.
Investigators from multiple agencies have been interviewing people throughout the night, and have determined the stabbing was not a random act.
Anyone with information should call Binghamton University Police at 607-777-2393.
The University is offering a number of services for students, faculty and staff following the incident. In an emergency, call 911.
- 46 shanties gutted in blaze at city's lone Rohingya camp, 200 displaced
- IMO agrees strategy for cutting carbon dioxide emissions in shipping
- Delphi Management Inc. MA Trims Stake in AbbVie Inc. (ABBV)
- Seven inmates killed in riot at maximum-security prison
- Climate protest lawyer sets himself on fire
- Manchester City win Premier League title as rivals United lose
- Shire share price outperforms as group offloads oncology business
- Hemant Brijwasi wins Rising Star 2
- Boeing (BA) Position Reduced by FineMark National Bank & Trust
- Sargsyan nominated for PM despite protests