A Binghamton University student died after he was stabbed on campus, university officials said on the Binghamton University Facebook page.
A 19-year-old boy in his first year at the university was stabbed around 10:30 p.m., the school said on Twitter.
The alert goes on to say, the stabbing happened in Windham Hall. BU said it was in the process of doing that Monday morning. The suspect, described as a light-skinned male wearing dark trousers and a dark, Puma hooded sweatshirt, remains at large. Additional details will be provided as soon as possible.
Investigators from multiple agencies have been interviewing people throughout the night, and have determined the stabbing was not a random act.
Anyone with information should call Binghamton University Police at 607-777-2393.
The University is offering a number of services for students, faculty and staff following the incident. In an emergency, call 911.
- The New Gmail Is Definitely Going To Have Self-Destructing Emails
- Caterpillar Inc. (CAT) EPS Estimated At $2.04
- Lavrov hints at punishing Europe with "massive wave of immigration" from Syria
- Sony India extends its Headphone and Speaker line-up for 2018
- Sargsyan nominated for PM despite protests
- Shire share price outperforms as group offloads oncology business
- Shenmue I and II are coming to current gen platforms
- Climate protest lawyer sets himself on fire
- Traders Buy Financial Select Sector SPDR Fund (XLF) on Weakness
- Amethi: Pregnant woman gang-raped by taxi driver and 3 others