He tells WISH-TV the altercation began as there was a change of leadership within the temple that he says happens every two years.
Police said 150 people were involved in a "brawl", which led to 3-4 people receiving minor injuries.
The brawl reportedly resulted from an anticipated transition of leadership power. Fillenwarth says four people suffered minor injuries and were taken to a hospital, where they will be questioned by police.
Police said someone reported finding pepper spray in a garbage can close to the temple, but said they could not yet confirm if any pepper spray was used during the disorder.
Multiple people have been injured after an incident broke out at a Sikh temple in Greenwood Sunday afternoon.
Police told the media that they were looking at surveillance video inside the gurdwara and if they find probable cause exists, charges will be filed. No arrests have been made so far.
- Colon loses flawless game in eighth inning
- Balochistan: 2 Christians Killed in Pakistan Shooting
- KPMG woes deepen on VBS scandal
- China targets $3 billion of U.S. goods in tariff spat
- Man rushed to hospital after shark attack at surf spot
- HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL: Wildcats put pitching on parade during win streak
- Henderson aims dig at Kane over Salah scoring rivalry
- Commonwealth Games, day 11, Gold Coast
- UNSC rejects Russian resolution on Syria attack
- UN Security Council rejects Russian resolution on Syria