He tells WISH-TV the altercation began as there was a change of leadership within the temple that he says happens every two years.
Police said 150 people were involved in a "brawl", which led to 3-4 people receiving minor injuries.
The brawl reportedly resulted from an anticipated transition of leadership power. Fillenwarth says four people suffered minor injuries and were taken to a hospital, where they will be questioned by police.
Police said someone reported finding pepper spray in a garbage can close to the temple, but said they could not yet confirm if any pepper spray was used during the disorder.
Multiple people have been injured after an incident broke out at a Sikh temple in Greenwood Sunday afternoon.
Police told the media that they were looking at surveillance video inside the gurdwara and if they find probable cause exists, charges will be filed. No arrests have been made so far.
- The football world reacts as Man City win the Premier League
- Ready for talk to bring peace back to Syria: Macron
- Injured Kamlesh Nagarkoti ruled out of IPL season
- Facebook faces U.S. privacy investigation
- Salah would trade Golden Boot for Champions League
- Arab leaders call for probe into Syria chem attacks, condemn Iran
- Avengers: Infinity War Teaser Shows Spider-Man Fall From Space
- Henderson aims dig at Kane over Salah scoring rivalry
- Donald Trump's campaign raises $10 million, spends big on legal bills
- China targets $3 billion of U.S. goods in tariff spat