Officials say tap water has tested below federal lead and copper limits for about two years.
State Rep. Sheldon Neeley, D-Flint, issued a statement after, saying families "barely had time to process their outrage and make plans to find safe drinking water before Gov. Snyder and his administration pulled the rug out from under them and closed the water distribution sites for good". The water caused lead to leach from the city's pipes, causing health problems for residents.
Weaver, who said she heard about the decision only moments before it was made public, said she planned to contact the governor "to express the insensitivity of the decision" and to make him aware of the city's "additional needs".
"We have not received clear steps as to how the remaining lead in Flint schools will be remediated or how ongoing monitoring will continue for our most vulnerable populations", Pugh said in a statement.
"There are still questions that remain", Pugh added.
Flint's water became contaminated when the city's water source was switched from Lake Huron to the Flint River.
Anna Heaton, the governor's press secretary, said earlier this week Snyder stands by the decision to end free bottled water distribution funded by state taxpayers because he believes testing shows the water system is fully restored.
The state has distributed millions of cases of bottled water over the past two years.
"It is hard for me to watch people suffer".
Ryan Griffin, owner of Griff's Unlimited Cutz, is offering customers a discount on hair cuts when they bring in bottled water to donate to Flint residents.
- United States to Impose New Sanctions on Russia After Syria Chemical Attack
- Catalans rally for freedom and return of independence leaders
- Chelsea boss Antonio Conte urged to warn Marcos Alonso following horror tackle
- IShares MSCI Ireland Capped (EIRL) Declines 0.04% for April 15
- Newcastle comes back to top Arsenal
- General Electric Company (GE) Analysts See $0.12 EPS
- Were Analysts Bullish Qurate Retail Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:QVCA) This Week?
- King Salman dedicates 29th Arab Summit to Jerusalem
- Late winner sees Chelsea complete EPL comeback against Southampton
- Bayern hit back over 'outrageous' Kovac claims