The U.S. notified Israel on Friday before it carried out missile strikes on Syrian targets, an Israeli official told Reuters. "This night, under America's guidance, the United States, France and Britain acted accordingly (because) Syria continues to carry out its murderous actions", the official, who declined to be identified, said.
It should be clear to Assad that his reckless efforts to acquire and use weapons of mass destruction, his disregard for global law and his provision of a base for Iran and its proxies endanger Syria, said Netanyahu.
"Last year, [US] President [Donald] Trump made it clear that using chemical weapons crossed a red line".
"A short time ago, I ordered the United States armed forces to launch precision strikes on targets associated with the chemical weapons capabilities of Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad", Trump said in a primetime televised address to the nation.
A USA embassy spokeswoman confirmed to Reuters that Israel had been notified before the strikes, but she provided no further details. President Trump's resolve and Israel's support remain unchanged.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu praised the USA for the joint missile strikes it carried out with the United Kingdom and France that targeted three chemical weapons facilities in Syria.
Syria, Iran and Russian Federation say Israel was behind an air strike on a Syrian air base on Monday that killed seven Iranian military personnel, something Israel has neither confirmed nor denied.
Prior to the PM's office statement on Saturday, Netanyahu reportedly issued a gag order on Israeli officials prohibiting them from speaking publicly about the US-led Syrian strike. According to Israel's Channel Two, however, the Israeli security establishment believes that they could actually cause long-term harm to Israel's interests.
- Zuckerberg Testifies Before Congress: 9 Things to Know
- Britain had no choice but to conduct air strikes, Theresa May says
- Gmail Confidential Mode Brings Self-Destructing Emails And Identity Verification For Recipients
- Berry Global Group (BERY) Earning Favorable Press Coverage, Accern Reports
- Germany's Merkel backs air strikes on Syria as 'necessary and appropriate'
- Stoke City-West Ham United Preview
- Two women arrested for thefts; police seek victims to return stolen items
- Woman legally drunk when she drove family off cliff
- Assad in control of town allegedly hit with chemical attack, Russian Federation says
- Golds for Mary Kom, Gaurav Solanki, Vikas Krishan