This comes as the Saudi government is seeking to make Arab League member states align themselves with Riyadh when it comes to anti-Iran measures. Their push for a tough stand against Iran is expected to dominate the Arab League Summit as regional tensions grow over the wars in Syria and Yemen. Arab leaders and heads of delegations started arriving in Dhahran on Saturday to take part in the summit, SPA reported.
The fate of Jerusalem will also be on the agenda as the United States prepares to move its embassy there from Tel Aviv after declaring it Israel's capital.
The Saudi King also presented the kingdom's initiative and willingness to deal with the challenges that the Arab national security is facing.
The King will deliver the opening speech at the summit in his capacity as president of the 28th Arab Summit that was hosted by Jordan in March 2017.
"Bahrain always appreciates your courageous stances in its support, and in rejection and condemnation of external interference that affects the internal affairs of our country, and which we are working on repelling and defeating", HM the King added.
HM the King also paid tribute to the Arab League Secretary-General, Ahmed Aboul Gheit, and the Arab League Secretariat-General's staff for their efforts to prepare for the 29th Summit.
During the preparatory meeting on Thursday, Saudi Arabia said the Palestinian conflict would top the summit's agenda, though it is likely that airstrikes on Syria from the US, UK and France will now result in a shift in priorities.
Mr Trump then told reporters that the relationship between the two countries was "probably the strongest it has ever been", adding: "We understand each other".
- Trump weighs military options in Syria
- General Electric Company (GE) Analysts See $0.12 EPS
- Catalans rally for freedom and return of independence leaders
- Late winner sees Chelsea complete EPL comeback against Southampton
- Tigers postpone Saturday game against Yankees
- Mourinho hits out at inconsistent and "complicated" United
- After Priyanka and Anushka, Deepika Padukone to don producer's hat?
- Bayern hit back over 'outrageous' Kovac claims
- Chelsea boss Antonio Conte urged to warn Marcos Alonso following horror tackle
- President Trump re-evaluating interview with Mueller after Cohen raid