Iran's Foreign Ministry on Saturday strongly condemned the U.S., Britain and France for launching airstrikes against Syria.
Calling it a "proportional" attack, McKenzie said Saturday the strikes destroyed "fundamental components" of Syria's chemical weapons infrastructure and "dealt them a severe blow".
Public radio said that Israel had been informed ahead of time of the strikes that were carried out by the United States, France and Britain.
Speaking from the White House, Trump says, "To Iran and to Russian Federation, I ask: What kind of a nation wants to be associated with the mass murder of innocent men, women and children? Tonight, under American leadership, the United States, France and the United Kingdom enforced that line", the official said, speaking on condition of anonymity.
Israeli planes then struck an Iranian installation in Syria from which, the IDF explained, the unmanned aircraft had been operated.
Iran has no interest in maintaining the secular regime of Bashar Assad.
A second USA official said targets were being carefully selected with the aim of damaging Assad's ability to conduct further gas attacks, while avoiding the risk of spreading poisonous fallout in civilian areas.
U.S., British and French forces hit Syria with air strikes overnight in response to an alleged poison gas attack that killed dozens of people last week.
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani warned on Saturday that a US -led missile attack on Syria would lead to destruction in the Middle East, the semi-official Tasnim news agency reported.
He says the U.S.is "very much aware of one of the chemical agents used".
He stressed that missile strikes at Syria are "justified".
Trump condemned Russian Federation and Iran for their ties to the regime, saying they are "most responsible for supporting, equipping and financing the criminal Assad regime".
The Syrian government has denied the accusations. Officials also said the strike was larger than a similar attack on the Assad regime launched previous year. Trump has already indicated he would like to withdraw the estimated 2,000 USA ground troops in northern Syria, where they've been assisting Syrian Kurds to defeat Islamic State militants.
Johnson said: "The world is united in its disgust for any use of chemical weapons, but especially against civilians".
It concludes that there is "no plausible scenario other than that of an attack by Syrian armed forces".
Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei gestures before delivering a speech in Mashad, Iran, March 21, 2018. "Insulting the President of Russian Federation is unacceptable and inadmissible", he added.
- Billionaire wants to buy Toys 'R' Us stores, revamp them
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:ALXN) Analyst Ratings as of April 13, 2018
- Ant McPartlin fights back tears over BGT contestant's story of IVF battle
- Unbelievable! Keerthy Suresh's uncanny resemblance to Savitri
- CWG: Achanta Sharath-Gnanasekaran Sathiyan clinch silver in men's doubles TT
- Live Nation Entertainment (LYV) Raised to Buy at Citigroup
- Shire Plc (SHPG) Shareholder York Capital Management Global Advisors LLC Decreased Stake
- Kolkata Knight Riders' Kamlesh Nagarkoti ruled out of IPL 2018
- Togadia quits VHP, plans indefinite fast for Hindutva
- Real Madrid to face Bayern Munich in Champions League semi-final