Monday and Tuesday will be cooler with wind and rain, but from there on in, things are going to improve considerably.
A potent cold front to our west brings showers and thunderstorms to the area for Sunday. Some will be strong to possibly severe. There isn't a whole lot of moisture available, so we'll be mainly dry.
SATURDAY NIGHT DETAILS: Expect partly to mostly cloudy skies and the risk for a stray shower will be minimal, around 10-20%.
The strongest storms should roll in after 12AM.lingering through around 7AM as the cold front crosses. Odds for potentially gusty storms will spike later Sunday into Sunday night before tranquility returns Monday. Most of the day will be dry for many, but in west/northwest Georgia, you'll need to be on alert for storms as early as Saturday afternoon. What is expected to be widespread is heavy rain - 1-2 inches locally more.
The veering profile may cause some cells in the storm line to rotate as well, increasing the damaging wind threat and creating the possibility of a few brief "spin-up" tornadoes even within the line. Models begin spreading frontal precip across far NW portions of the CWA Sunday morning. Our next chance for showers and storms will be next Friday and Saturday with highs in the 70s.
A powerful storm system sweeping through the central USA has knocked down trees in many places and caused power outages, including thousands in MI. Daytime highs will be in the upper 60s and lower 70s.
Rain coverage is at 80 percent, meaning 80 percent of Central Florida will see rain.
"In the meantime, be safe in this snowy, sloppy weather and have a great weekend!" Starting Sunday, temperatures will push well into the 50s, and perhaps a 60° high is possible.
- King Salman dedicates 29th Arab Summit to Jerusalem
- United States to Impose New Sanctions on Russia After Syria Chemical Attack
- (MCD) Shares Sold by Amica Mutual Insurance Co
- President Trump re-evaluating interview with Mueller after Cohen raid
- William Blair Analysts Increase Earnings Estimates for Lululemon Athletica (NASDAQ:LULU)
- Tigers postpone Saturday game against Yankees
- Bayern hit back over 'outrageous' Kovac claims
- Whiteout diverts Jets from MN playoff game
- NXP Semiconductors (NXPI) Position Increased by Xact Kapitalforvaltning AB
- Kashmir child-rape incident: 2 BJP Ministers quit Mehbooba's cabinet