"Working on an email service is hard as you have to be compatible with all sorts of email providers and email clients".
The company sent out notices to a few G Suite administrators, the ones who oversee your work email, alerting them to a new Gmail version coming soon through an opt-in Early Adopter Program.
Gmail Confidential Mode Brings Self-Destructing Emails And Identity Verification For Recipients
According to TechCrunch, users can configure the expiration date to have their emails disappear after 1 week, 1 month, multiple years, etc.
When composing an email it appears users will be able to click a lock that prevents the contents of said communication being forwarded, copied, pasted, printed or downloaded. Also, the new feature will be smoothly embedded in the compose screen of the Gmail website which will make it easier for the users to switch to the "Confidential Mode". However, the feature is still under development, as the option "Learn More" now redirects to a blank page.
How do you control when recipients' emails self-destruct?When it expires, it is automatically deleted from the inbox and the sender's inbox. Also, there might be other tools available in the market using which a user can record the email that they have received. TechCrunch's report notes that a confidential message doesn't have to be encrypted, which means that it's likely that Google can still see the content of the email. When users try to open an expired e-mail, they'll find an expired link to the message and will no longer be available for viewing.
The features are nearly similar to some of the features found in Microsoft's full Outlook application as Microsoft is also adding the ability to restrict emails on its Outlook.com service.
- Moody's (NYSE:MCO) Receiving Somewhat Positive Media Coverage, Analysis Finds
- Berry Global Group (BERY) Earning Favorable Press Coverage, Accern Reports
- Zuckerberg Testimony Doesn't Change Our View on Facebook
- Britain, France, US launch Syria airstrikes — Newspaper headlines
- Britain had no choice but to conduct air strikes, Theresa May says
- BKD Wealth Advisors LLC Purchases 903 Shares of Procter & Gamble (NYSE:PG)
- Poulter trails DeChambeau by one at RBC Heritage
- OU president David Boren delivers speech at Stoops statue unveiling
- Pittsburgh Pirates at Miami Marlins Free Pick 04/14/18
- Russian Federation says has proof Britain was behind alleged Syria chemical attack