The Lady Chargers added three more goals in the second half to extend out to an 18-1 lead which eventually became the final score. "We did not play real well in the first half, which didn't really surprise me, because we had only been out on the field a few times for practice before the game".
The Lady Patriots (5-5-2, 2-5-1 NWC) held the Indians scoreless for the opening half Friday in Hickory before surrendering both goals in a 10-minute span in the second half.
Sudano tallied four goals to lead the Wilton attack, while Greco scored two goals and Eagan had one goal and two assists.
"It was nice to score 18 goals again and limit what our opponents were seeing in terms of their scoring opportunities", head coach Julie Myers said. "What we really need to do is know what we know what to do, but better". Ednie finished with two points on one goal and one assist while freshman midfielder Erin Kerstetter added one goal. Taylor Carhart paced the Mount with three goals while Alayne Pagnotta and Emily Davis added two apiece.
Senior goalkeeper Rachel Vander Kolk (Severna Park, Md.) had a season-high 13 saves with two ground balls and a caused turnover. Scannell also chipped in with three draw controls and a ground ball, while Graziano collected four ground balls and three draws.
The Darien girls lacrosse team has stayed true to form to open the 2018 campaign: Five victories in five games and a seamless transition to the new season. Louisville used a 4-0 run to take a 4-2 lead over 12 minutes. It was now Wagner's turn to respond as the Seahawks unleashed yet another 5-0 run, capped by a score from Anna Belle Reilly, off of a Colford assist, with 6:05 left which put the Seahawks back on top, 11-10. The teams would take the tie into halftime. That lead stood for the remainder of the first quarter.
Virginia ran away with the game after, scoring six unanswered goals in seven minutes. Loynaz tied the game to notch her first career hat trick.
St. Stephens slipped past host Alexander Central by one stroke in the team portion and overtook Hickory for the season lead in the process. Michael Starbuck ran out from behind the net afterward and flicked a quick pass to Landon, who rifled in the tying goal from point-blank before the Comets could react, with 47.7 seconds to play.
- Man jailed for allegedly threatening, assaulting woman
- Fulham's late slip against Brentford sends Wolverhampton up to Premier League
- Liverpool get Roma; Arsenal draw Atletico Madrid in European semi-finals
- What Next for PVH Corp. (PVH) Stock After Touching Record High?
- Facebook Stories will now add Instagram's Boomerang feature and AR drawings
- $0.40 EPS Expected for Boardwalk Pipeline Partners, LP (BWP)
- Joel Embiid: Targeting Game 2 or 3 for return
- Trump family firm wants ban on release of any correspondence with Cohen
- Red Sox's Kelly, Yanks' Austin suspended for being in brawl
- Jordan Ayew supplies cutting edge to give Swansea City some breathing space