Attacking the PM, Rahul tweeted, "Dear Prime Minister, Thank you for breaking your long silence".
Referring to the reported incident of Ambedkar's sculpture locked in an iron cage and a police personnel deputed for its protection in Uttar Pradesh's Badaun, she said, "You have not kept his statue in the cage but his ideologies". "The incidents that have been in discussion for the last two days are shameful". He also accused the BJP of viewing the cases through the "prism of religion" and demanded the sacking of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath. "What matters is deeds count, words do not", he told reporters.
The Kathua rape case relates to an eight-year-old girl from the nomadic Bakerwal Muslim community who had disappeared from near her home in a village near Kathua in the Jammu region on 10 January.
Singhvi also alleged that the mentality and approach of the government, the BJP, the RSS and Modi was anti-Dalit.
Shelja said the Modi government had reduced budget allocation for schemes related to welfare of the Scheduled Castes and "whooping decrease" in number of jobs for them.
"When we talk about Unnao and Kathua rape cases, you could straight away see the politics in it". Who puts a question mark on reservation every now and then? Selja said paying "lip service to Ambedkar" can not obscure the truth that BJP was seeking to "erode the legacy of Ambedkar".
Asifa, the minor, was held captive by the accused at a temple and later she was raped, mutilated and murdered in Rassana village of Kathua months ago, crime branch of Jammu and Kashmir police stated. On Twitter, the Congress said: "BJP's MP Meenakshi Lekhi's insensitive remark is an insult to Indian citizens standing up for their rights".
- Kyodo: Abe to Ask Trump to Reject 'Phased' Denuclearization of North Korea
- Trump declares 'mission accomplished' after strike on Syria
- Missing Indian family in the US: One body found
- Russian Federation calls an emergency session to discuss strikes on Syria
- Kevin Durant, defending champ Warriors get defensive, beat Spurs in National Basketball Association playoff
- Kathua, Unnao rape case: DCW chief indefinite hunger strike enters second day
- Tesla's (NASDAQ:TSLA) "Hold" Rating Reiterated at KeyCorp
- EPS for Host Hotels & Resorts, Inc. (HST) forecasted at $0.40
- Trump defends 'Mission Accomplished' tweet after airstrikes in Syria
- Bullets fired twice at top court judge's house in Lahore