Attacking the PM, Rahul tweeted, "Dear Prime Minister, Thank you for breaking your long silence".
Referring to the reported incident of Ambedkar's sculpture locked in an iron cage and a police personnel deputed for its protection in Uttar Pradesh's Badaun, she said, "You have not kept his statue in the cage but his ideologies". "The incidents that have been in discussion for the last two days are shameful". He also accused the BJP of viewing the cases through the "prism of religion" and demanded the sacking of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath. "What matters is deeds count, words do not", he told reporters.
The Kathua rape case relates to an eight-year-old girl from the nomadic Bakerwal Muslim community who had disappeared from near her home in a village near Kathua in the Jammu region on 10 January.
Singhvi also alleged that the mentality and approach of the government, the BJP, the RSS and Modi was anti-Dalit.
Shelja said the Modi government had reduced budget allocation for schemes related to welfare of the Scheduled Castes and "whooping decrease" in number of jobs for them.
"When we talk about Unnao and Kathua rape cases, you could straight away see the politics in it". Who puts a question mark on reservation every now and then? Selja said paying "lip service to Ambedkar" can not obscure the truth that BJP was seeking to "erode the legacy of Ambedkar".
Asifa, the minor, was held captive by the accused at a temple and later she was raped, mutilated and murdered in Rassana village of Kathua months ago, crime branch of Jammu and Kashmir police stated. On Twitter, the Congress said: "BJP's MP Meenakshi Lekhi's insensitive remark is an insult to Indian citizens standing up for their rights".
- Homeowner Allegedly Shot Black Teen Asking For Directions
- Trump declares 'mission accomplished' after strike on Syria
- Cool, wet weather expected for Boston Marathon
- Douglas Lane & Associates LLC Decreases Holdings in ExxonMobil (XOM)
- Missing Indian family in the US: One body found
- Mom accused of giving her 2-year-old meth and pot
- Assad remains strong, eastern Ghouta falls
- Commonwealth Games 2018: England into netball final
- IBM (IBM) Shares Bought by Estabrook Capital Management
- Red Sox off to Best Start in Franchise History