The memo obtained by Bloomberg cites specific examples of people the company caught, including an employee who leaked information about the company's plans from an internal meeting.
Though the leak from the FCC isn't completely unreliable, don't get your hopes up until Apple introduces it themselves, which could likely happen at WWDC this year. The memo highlights how earlier this year, they caught and fired an employee who leaked details from an internal meeting.
The memo both outlined past firings for leaks, and threatens legal and possible criminal action as well, according to the news organization.
Apple sympathizers will say that leakers are fundamentally different from whistleblowers-employees may justifiably feel compelled to speak out about wrongs committed at a company, but leaking for leaking's sake is bad for morale. These people not only lose their jobs, they can face extreme difficulty finding employment elsewhere.
"This special edition (PRODUCT) RED iPhone features a stunning red and black color combination and also offers customers the opportunity to make an impact in fighting the spread of HIV and AIDS", said Greg Joswiak, Apple's vice president of Product Marketing.
Every Apple launch is covered by the select press invited to such events like it's a holy event, and with a blinkered positivity from many about what are often deeply flawed products. Apple's Global Security team led the internal investigations and worked with suppliers to beef up their security.
The memo says that Apple caught 29 leakers a year ago, 12 of whom were arrested, and threatens its employees with the same fate: "Leakers do not simply lose their jobs at Apple", the memo states. Tech companies like Apple have the means to discover who is passing along confidential information. Apple says leaked information can depress sales of existing product models, and give competitors more time to respond to features coming in future models. In 2017, Apple caught 29 leakers.
While they carry serious consequences, leaks are completely avoidable. "The best way to honor those contributions is by not leaking", added the memo.
- PulteGroup, Inc. (NYSE:PHM) Ratings Summary on April 13, 2018
- Trump lawyer wants to stop United States from using seized material
- Bid to get UN Security Council to condemn strikes on Syria fails
- CFB Notebook: Alabama QB Tagovailoa may miss spring game
- Tribal girl abducted, repeatedly raped for over 2 weeks in Surat
- UFC On FOX 29 Twitter Reactions On Dustin Poirier-Justin Gaethje, More
- Oliveira taps Condit with 2nd-round guillotine choke at UFC Glendale
- Kim Kardashian Attends Her High School Reunion
- People rally for the second amendment at Americans for America
- Hermes Investment Management Ltd. Has $40.65 Million Stake in Visa (V)