Authorities say a shooting in CT that killed two people is connected with the slaying of an infant in North Carolina.
The suspect in a double homicide in New Milford, Connecticut allegedly killed his own daughter and her infant child - who he fathered, police say.
A man wanted as a suspect in a double homicide in the Town of New Milford, Connecticut, was found dead inside a vehicle in Dutchess County.
CBS 17 in Raleigh also reported that the people slain in CT were Katie Pladl, 20, Pladl's biological daughter, and her adoptive father.
Their deaths, along with a suicide just over the border in NY, are linked to the homicide of a 7-month-old boy in North Carolina.
Earlier Thursday morning, Steven Pladl's mother called police in Knightdale, North Carolina, to report his 7-month-old son, Bennet, dead.
The Gaylordsville volunteer fire chief said he was the first one to discover the scene at the intersection of Route 55 and 7 and called 911. The attorney says the infant slain in North Carolina was the biological child of Steven Pladl and Katie Pladl. She graduated from Dover High School before finding her birth parents through social media. Friedman said he was representing Pladl in a felony incest case involving the relationship with his daughter. The couple were planning to marry, according to the reports.
The suspect's vehicle was initially observed by a Probation Officer from the Dutchess County Probation Department on Dog Tail Corners Road, east of Berkshire Road in the town of Dover.
Based on witness accounts, police were able to identify the gunman's vehicle; finding it within the hour over the NY state border in Dover.
State police did not identify the dead man, who they said died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound, or the homicide victims.
Ash said the motive for the shooting was not clear but there was no further threat to the community.
- Alaska Air Group (ALK) Shares Sold by Envestnet Asset Management Inc
- Noting threat of missile strikes, airlines clear skies over Syria
- Munster face Cheetahs ahead of big Racing 92 clash
- Remarkably bought and sold Stock Danaher Corporation's (DHR)
- Notable Buzzers: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. (MRVL), Citigroup Inc
- IAMGOLD Corporation (IMG) Analysts See $0.01 EPS as of May, 8
- Buy stocks that increases your gain: Gilead Sciences, Inc. (GILD)
- Protest held outside Kingspan during Ulster Rugby match
- NRG Energy, Inc. (NRG) EPS Estimated At $
- Imperial Capital Comments on United Continental Holdings' Q2 2018 Earnings (UAL)