Good evening, everyone. It's Friday night here in North America, but in Japan, it's a lovely Saturday and a flawless time for Sega Festival 2018.
Sega has announced Sega Ages for Switch.
At the same event, Sega has also announced that updated versions of its classic titles Shenmue I and Shenmue II are heading to the PlayStation 4, the Xbox One, and PC. The titles include Phantasy Star, Thunder Force IV and, of course, Sonic the Hedgehog. The model in the image above, with a cleaner version shared by Sega on Twitter which you can see below, don't resemble the AtGames variant. It seems likely we'll see similar fare here, though that hasn't stopped me from maniacally daydreaming of seeing Skies of Arcadia show up on the Switch in this fashion (it absolutely won't).
This could be a change in direction from the company's long-standing relationship with AtGames, whose Sega Genesis Flashback console tried, and failed, to match Nintendo's efforts previous year. We'll have more information on the Sega Ages initiative as it develops! More details are expected to be revealed soon.
- China Logs Trade Deficit Amid Surprise Fall In Exports
- Imperial Capital Comments on United Continental Holdings' Q2 2018 Earnings (UAL)
- Shares in Moody's Co. (MCO) Acquired by First Commonwealth Financial Corp PA
- Tax deadline: Things to know about filing taxes
- Cypress Semiconductor Corporation (NASDAQ:CY)
- Analyst Consensus Ratings Watch for American Tower Corporation (REIT) (NYSE:AMT)
- IRS warning taxpayers to not fall victim to "ghost" preparers
- NRG Energy, Inc. (NRG) EPS Estimated At $
- Trump Blames Obama for Suspected Chemical Attack in Syria
- 5 ways Google is changing Gmail